584,874 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > GibbsCAM Processes

GibbsCAM Processes

Hello,

I'm new to GibbsCAM. Trying to learn how this CAM utility works, I saw on someone's tutorial that he had different processes in the corresponding dropdown menu entry. I don't have anything under "Set Directory..".

Could somebody please explain me how to obtain these kind of processes (or other ones, in general)? What should I do? Are there some kind of packages which need to be bought and installed?
    http://s13.postimg.org/4rl621t3r/screenshot.jpg

Thank you!

Re: GibbsCAM Processes

danimihalca

If you have any extra stuff, it will be under Plugins, I don't have there Lathe software, so don't know if the have any extras, everything you need to get going is all on that first window, check Youtube for any Lathe videos how to for Gibbscam
    Mactec54

You can download Gibbs processes from their Web site. They are sample processes free to use.

you can save any processes that you create. Just save them in folders named whatever you like so you can categorize them. They will save process parameters as well as tools used. Over time you will accumulate a variety. Use the Set Directories to point to those folders, which will then be available as a drop down selection to give you a good starting point for new, similar operations you wish to create, and if there is no tool created that is suitable the process will create one. Gibbscam has some processes available, but it's pretty much just drilled holes an pipe tap stuff, things that are very easy to create anyway.