584,833 active members*
5,419 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Citizen L32 axis servo alarm

Hi everyone,
    On my L32(older L4 series), I recently had a Z1 axis servo amplifier blow out - not sure why.... so I purchased and installed a refurbished one. The machine now powers up fine with no alarms, but every time I try to move the Z1 axis, the machine goes into an E-stop alarm with the servo amp display indicating codes for either overload or excessive error.
    I then decided to swap servo drive units(including encoders) with another matching axis to see if the alarm traveled to the other drive. I found that after doing so, the alarm was still on the Z1 axis.
    Then I decided to swap servo amplifiers with another matching axis. Again, after doing so, the alarm was still on the Z1 axis.
    Now, I’m thinking it has either got to be a short in the cable which goes from the servo amplifier to the encoder OR a short in the power cable for the servo motor, right?
    Should I be looking at anything else?
    Any advice given would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Citizen L32 axis servo alarm

Hi

Your problem is the re gen resistor on the servo amp check the resistance of the wire P to N think it should be 40 ohms but check with one of the other drives all the re gen resistors are the same value

If what you say were true then wouldn't the alarm follow the Amp when I swapped it with the Z2 axis Amp? Remember, the alarm always stayed on the Z1 axis even after swapping motors, encoders, and amps

No as the re gen resistors for all axis are located at the right hand end of the machine under the perforated cove below the barfeed so changing the drive to another one will be the same as the resistor is sill on the faulty axis

I see...will check into that. thanks