motors. I bought it from a school auction. I brought it home and plugged everything in and the cnc4 controller powers up. Here's my question? Once powered up should I be able to move the X Y Z axis motors in different directions from the front panel? If so they don't function. Once powered up the motors are emitting noise similar to air rushing sound. Should that be the case? I haven't tried to hook up a terminal to the serial interface yet. Does the controller need the pc interface to function manually?

Does anyone have any manuals the would want to sell? I would like to know the dip switch configuration for rs232 if possible. It very well may be that the cnc4 controller is shot and if so I plan to upgrade the motors to a stepper motor and run Mach 3 if possible. I did discover that the battery in the communications board is dead and I plan to replace it this afternoon. I also noticed a lot of repair soldering on some of the chips on the board that are not factory. This leads me to believe I may have a bad communications board. If so are there parts out there somewhere to repair this. I have Googled this to death and cannot find much info at all. Hopefully you folks can get me pointed in the right direction.

What controller can I replace this CNC4 controller with to make this work?

Any help is appreciated...