584,837 active members*
5,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CONTRAVES NC400 dc servo

Does anyone know where I can get a circuit diagram for a Contraves DC servo controller (amp) Type NC 400 model A1520/1 or a good unit?

Bert the NC400's were used on BPT Models BTC1 And I think R23Eand 4E The Later Boss 7-9 I don't rember If there are sam's in my maintance manual but I will look PM machinetec on the BPT fourm He might have some insite I have seen them on Ebay for sale Good luck Kevin

I have a manual and two good amps

This was an old post I don't know if you still have interest. We replaced these units. We may have a replacement that would work with the Boss. However, we never tested it with the Boss. We are using a PC controller.

Thanks for the reply CHAKA. I got a good NC400 on ebay .Machine now runs fine but I would like to have spares. Can you email the type no. it's on the board and possibly on a label.---Price??

contraves NC 400 replacement

I have the manual, if anyone ever needs it. We have two drives as well. I hate to sell them cheep, due to that fact that we couldn't find a viable replacement when we needed it. We bought one on eBay that didn't work for $350 dollors.

Therefor, we integrated a new drive to replace the old Contraves NC 400 unit that went bad. I think this drive would work well for others. However, we aren't using the old BOSS controller. The engineer here who replaced it said that the boss needed to know a bit more to keep control of motion then our Gail CamSoft setup does, due to lack of proccesor spped. This drive out puts that information. At this time it has never been tested with a BOSS of any make. The design was nice we utilized the existing card slot. We have drawings. I would be interested in working with someone to test a replacement with the original controller, to develop a plug-and-play turnkey replacement.

I am glad we did the replacement, it took a lot of rumbling out of the machine that we thought was mechanical. That old drive was noisy too.

The company I work for , Ai Control Systems, has done CNC retrofits professionally and internally for our own use and others. When we did our first CamSoft retrofit. We did it for ourselves on a Bridgeport Series II with a dead Boss controller. We got lucky and found someone who sold us the electrical drawings for the machine. The endoder cables were shot from flexing. We replaced the spindle Drive with an AC tech. Later we replaced the Contraves NC400 servo drives.

If you get all the specs on the mechanics, drives and motors an experienced controls engineer will be able to figure out the settings.

http://www.aicontrols.com/images/AI/...Front&Side.jpg

The Contrave Drive Replacement

Before

http://www.aicontrols.com/images/AI/...trlEncWrg1.JPG

After, I don't miss all the fans

http://www.aicontrols.com/images/AI/...t/IMG_2545.jpg

Camsoft work prettwell, the machine is as accurate as we hoped. The new drives are much smoother then the old ones. We never did get the automated tool changer working. I think we may do it with a PLC. We have some around.

Cool contraves nc400 for sale

hi, i will be removing 3 nc400 drives they moved motors with jog and home and limit commands computer is bad so havn't seen any programed moves they are on a tri-onics aprentence mill. would be willing to sell one or all3. thanks, John

Hi,
    Do you know the max current of these drives? Or tell me the numbers on the stick on labels. What price you asking?
    Regards Bertie

hi i'll check in the next day or two and let you know as for how much i'm not real sure what what there worth what were you thinking?

Smile

hi here are some specs off of a label on them they all three apear to be the same except for the serial#.
    the y specs are
    model a-1520
    ser ax1736-0883-234
    pin# @faa1520
    csr contraves rev;c-1

the x specs are kinda blurred out looks to be
    model a1520
    serial as60?59-0786-096
    pin @faa1520
    csr contraves rev;c3

the z specs are
    model a1520
    serial as-4617-1084-038
    pin @faa1520
    mod 875
    csr contraves rev;c

the specs from the motors they were driving are
    110 volt
    14.6rms amps
    58.3pulse amps max
    let me know if you need more info

Hiya, are you still looking to buy a replacement?

hi i am selling these three boards are you interested? i was planning on redoing the whole mill with viper boards and mach3 just salvaging the power supply and motors.

to johnscnc I am doing the same type of retro as you and i was woundering is the power supply to your motors three phase or single? If three how do you plan on utalizing.

signal converter for save original servomotor

with these converters you can continue using the servos and drivers original of the Bridgeport machine:cheers:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=kH2fnYF5Ovw"]YouTube- Mach3 cnc driving analog dc servo drive[/ame]

info needed

hi it took me 45 min to watch that movie on dialup. google doesn't seem to be able to find the boards named in the movie any info as to what those boards are would be helpful.

HELP ME:
    Hello,
    I'm shayanpour.
    i have contraves DC DRIVE model ADB 190.30M that i need to wiring it to motors .
    i need wiring map of it.

Manual

NC 400 Maintenance Manual with wiring diagrams
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: contraves NC 400 replacement

Hey Chaka,

You still have the manual? Could you send me.

Thanks,

Alejandro