584,837 active members*
5,183 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Romer 1000/3000i armspec files

Hi, does anyone have the ArmSpec files to suit a Romer 1000i or a 3000i 6 axis?
    I have a open ticket with Hexagon, but I've already been briefed not to expect any results as they consider the non absolute arms obsolete and are trying to push people into purchasing new arms, so I am casting around for alternatives.

I bought my arm as a unknown, I've had to do a number of repairs to it but now I can reset and home all axis & the encoders are showing as reads and stable in ArmAid, incrementing in sane ways when I move a joint and it can detect the probe and probe type, but winRDS won't start without the correct ArmAid config files.

I have tried it with some files from a newer arm, but the xyz reads are sporadic & all over the place and unstable in winrds even though it reset's and trains up after some modifications to the config files to get past the lack of 7th G axis which the newer configs were expecting. I assume this is because the newer files are expecting to read absolute encoder values and mine is the older infinity model.
    If you use one of these, the files are in the ArmSpec directory of winrds or cimcore directory depending on what variant you have, or come on a diskette with the arm.
    I know they won't match my arm perfectly, but I'd at least like to see it working semi functionally before paying out for a artifact to calibrate it properly, if anyone can assist it'd be appreciated.

Re: Romer 1000/3000i armspec files

Ok, I have the exact armspec files for my arm from hexagon. And they sort of work, but its obviously been apart so many times since it was last calibrated that it's not in spec any more but at least its sort of getting the xyz of the probe to the nearest 5mm when manipulated.

I have the same arm. Check you P.M.s

Hi skippy, you would have a pm back if cnczone would allow it, but it threw a error so Ive shot you a mail instead.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    I have the same arm. Check you P.M.s
    I just bought this arm at auction. Is it possible you still have this armspec? 3000i

Hi, I have the exact same issue with 3000i - does anybody have the armspec files please?

Hi Hero0 - did you find the armspecs file?

skippy,

Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life. Is there any way I could possibly get the armspec files for the Romer 3000i? Email or PM. It would be GREATLY appreciated as they're pretty much impossible to find at this point.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle_35072 View Post
    skippy,

Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life. Is there any way I could possibly get the armspec files for the Romer 3000i? Email or PM. It would be GREATLY appreciated as they're pretty much impossible to find at this point.
    Thanks!
    I have the armspecs for a 3028 (9 foot spherical reach) 3000i arm. HOWEVER, you will need to calibrate the arm in order for it to work accurately. The armspecs are NOT interchangeable between arms, as they are a kinematic mathematical model of the SPECIFIC physical characteristics of each individual arm that are produced by calibrating it with Romer calibration software and a special calibration fixture. (link lengths, offsets, orthogonalities, encoder zero points, etc.) PM me if you want more info.

Cheers,
    atomicbear

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle_35072 View Post
    skippy,

Thanks!
    Sorry but I never received the notification of this post and therefore didn't know about your request until now (22 November 2019). Probably go with atomicbear's offer but like he said, "you will need to calibrate the arm in order for it to work accurately. The armspecs are NOT interchangeable between arms"