585,951 active members*
4,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hurco KMB1 with bx upgrade

First of all I realize that this forum is for cnc control software but I could't find any forum for hurco mills.

I have been a machinist for about 22 years but have run mostly manual machines in a job shop. The only cnc experience I have is running and programming the Mazak Qt20L lathe that we have at work. I have only ever used the Mazatrol programming.

I also have a small machine shop at home where I make custom parts for pulling tractors. I would like to get a cnc knee mill to make parts such as rocker arms and connecting rods.

I found a Hurco KMB1 with the bx upgrade. It seems to run real nice, the ways are nice and smooth and the ballscrews are not worn. The owner claims it holds tenths on all axis. It comes with about 5 or 6 tool holders and the one holds collets. It also has the manuals with it. It also had new spindle bearings installed recently. He wants $3,750 for it. I was just wondering if you guys think that this is a reasonable price for it and if it is worth buying for the type of work I want to do on it.

Thanks for any input.

sounds like a good deal to me it could go for $4000 to $8000 on e bay