585,670 active members*
4,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Harrison Alpha > Harrison Alpha 400 - fully auto?

Harrison Alpha 400 - fully auto?

Hi everyone,

I have been running a Harrison alpha 400 with alpha win CAM software for about 2 years now, it has always run in semi-auto mode (flick lever for feed move and press rapid for rapid move). Does anyone know if these can be run in full auto mode? so I should only have to push a button when changing tool?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jack

Re: Harrison Alpha 400 - fully auto?

If anyone is also trying to do this, I have figured out how! I think the alpha 400 plus lathes have a separate panel for writing a full G-code programme. But to do it on an ordinary 400:

Go into C: drive on computer, go into alpha cam, programmes, open the programme you want in word or notepad, remove all M11 M13 and M15's APART FROM the first M11 (leave that in), save your file again in programmes and then load prog into lathe!

I believe the stops are a safety feature so you can always run the programme with the stops in first to make sure it wont crash, then take them out after you have peace of mind.

Best Wishes,

Jack

Re: Harrison Alpha 400 - fully auto?

Hey everyone,

If anyone still reads this thread, i have some questions about the Harrison Alpha 400 lathe and the software.
    Since we have the lathe we have never used the Alpha Link software. Now after a lot of years i took the task on me to get the cam package working but I've encountered some problems.

I'm using Windows 7 on the desktop and the Alpha Link software is a DOS vintage package. Because win7 no longer supports programs that old i tried using Virtual Machines running DOS / Win 3.1 / Win 98 and it had been a pain in the butt to even get the programs to boot.

I read here that there is an updated version of the software? Does Alpha Win work on windows 7 and if so, is there anywhere i can get the Disk or even an ISO.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Michael