584,841 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Has anyone ran into this error? Parasolid ® Kernel Interface Error: KI Error Code:58

Has anyone ran into this error? Parasolid ® Kernel Interface Error: KI Error Code:58

So I started working with X7 back in March of 2014. This is the first time I have used Mastercam. After about a month, I started to occasionally open a program file, and I would get the error "Parasolid ® Kernel Interface Error: KI Error Code:58 – key not found" Only gives the option of OK, so I hit OK. Then it pops up error message <Error Processing Solid> and in the box “Problem Regenerating Chain.” Again, OK is the only option. The a third error message pops up with the same title, and in the box it says “Error reapplying operation. Regen not complete.”

Before I close a program, I regen, then save. This happens with roughly 15% of programs. I recently went back and looked through programs that were created by another individual, and I encounter the same issues with program files from X5 and X6.

I have been in contact with my local dealer to try and troubleshoot this, and they have even passed it on directly to Mastercam. Neither has seen any reports of issues with this. I have been trying to get a solution since August. I have started using X8, but not planning on migrating any previous version program files until I find a fix.

Has anyone encountered this besides us?

Re: Has anyone ran into this error? Parasolid ® Kernel Interface Error: KI Error Code

Sounds like the solid cannot rebuils for some reason, perhaps the driving goe has changed or been deleted? I have used Mastercam for a long time and I have never seen this error

Re: Has anyone ran into this error? Parasolid ® Kernel Interface Error: KI Error Code

Quote Originally Posted by budgieW View Post
    Sounds like the solid cannot rebuils for some reason, perhaps the driving goe has changed or been deleted? I have used Mastercam for a long time and I have never seen this error
    No, not any changes in the geometry. I always double check this before regen and saving, and then again after. I keep geometry separate on separate levels from the solids. When this error happens after opening a program file, I always check first thing to verify its still there, and it is....

Bassix187- I haven't encountered this but I saw some other posts about it...

This is the first time I have used Mastercam. After about a month, I started to occasionally open a program file
    Are you opening previous version files? they may need to be regenerated in another version before you open in MC7

Before I close a program, I regen, then save.
    After regenerating can you work on the file just fine? Or does it crash?

This happens with roughly 15% of programs. I recently went back and looked through programs that were created by another individual, and I encounter the same issues with program files from X5 and X6.
    Could it possibly be a case where the individual left you with an incomplete file in need or regeneration before you try to open it?

Reading around it looks like you can run into this by having multiple instances of MC open... that happening?

Also, I guess try clearing your temp folder
    By default MC saves temp files in
    C:your MC dirtemp
    and regen files in
    C:your MC dirMillregen"

Are you opening previous version files? they may need to be regenerated in another version before you open in MC7
    According to the previous programmer, he had this occur in X5, X6, & X7. I personally have only created programs in X7, and have had it happen with files I created. I did try going back into X5 and X6 and tried regen, same thing.
    After regenerating can you work on the file just fine? Or does it crash?
    It works fine after regen.
    Could it possibly be a case where the individual left you with an incomplete file in need or regeneration before you try to open it?
    No, as it has happened on files that I created.
    Reading around it looks like you can run into this by having multiple instances of MC open... that happening?
    No, I usually only work with only one instance.
    Also, I guess try clearing your temp folder
    Yeah, I actually have looked at that before, it was one of the first things I actually looked at.

Thanks for trying!:cheers:

What version of X7 are you running you should see at the top X7MU2 as there was some fixs. but I have seen this before were some how the solid to the wire that was used with are not joined anymore. did you creat the model your sef in MC?
    If your company is seeing this in X5 , X6 and X7 there is for sure something wrong there.I have only seen this a few times over the years. but I also have been running MC for about 28 years.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

What version of X7 are you running you should see at the top X7MU2 as there was some fixs.
    I am running MU2, always immediately install all maintenance updates!

did you creat the model your sef in MC?
    I have had this happen with solid created in MC, as well as from imported. We use Solid Edge for our cad, which also is kept up to date. Though as you probably know, most parts libraries are Solid Works, and sometimes I use these as well. I have had this happen with files created exclusively from solid created in MC, or with a mix of two or all three types.

If your company is seeing this in X5 , X6 and X7 there is for sure something wrong there.I have only seen this a few times over the years.
    That is what I am thinking. Now we no longer use X5 or X6, and this is occuring on the computer that they were installed on, as well as a new computer, that has only ever had X7 installed. Both computers are workstations, so not a issue of lacking hardware, as they both meet recommended specs not minimum for MC.

So you have seen this, which for me is good to hear, as apparently no one at MC has seen/heard of this.

Just had this error appear while one of my workmates was creating solids from geometry
    - he created the main solid, but was trying to place holes in it

I found that the new X8 install was set to chaining in the current construction plane instead of 3D chaining....so a circle was projecting in the C plane instead of perpendicular to the selected geometry
    - this created items on-screen that couldn't be seen, nor did it have any "history" in the Solids Manager

To get rid of that error on saving ( on our issue )
    - using "Save Some",
    -- turn ON all levels,
    -- select ALL features, ---not the solids
    -- then individually select the solids that you wish to keep

The error is saying it can't process a solid....it may be quicker to delete all solids and then re-create them.
    - had to do it this way in the end , as it was a simple shape

At least you were able to determine why it is/was happening for him! I have always checked for 3D chaining, so for me, not an issue. Yeah, having to recreate the solids really sucks! And it gets old quick! So far, no solutions, but thanks for the ideas! at the very least, eliminating other possible things that MC has not suggested, or I have tried. Thanks!