584,842 active members*
4,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Program splitting not wanted

Hybrid View

Program splitting not wanted

I have a program that has about 5 steps in Mastercam X mr2. I wanted to make multi parts on a sheet, so I translated the toolpaths. I sequenced the part to the way I want them, and all looks well. When I try to post, the first two steps are selected and asks for a program number and it posts only the two steps. then asks again for a second program number and the rest of the program is selected for posting.

Simply put, I cannot select all the steps and post them in a single program.

Please help.
    Thanks

It sounds like the insert arrow isn't under the final operation in your operation manager. In the old version (9) you used to have to change NCI destination for MC to generate all the selected operations in one file.

Good luck,

Richard

Thanks, I tried the insert arrow at the bottom. It allways wants to split the program at the same place, almost like I have set something in mastercam telling it to post as a two part program. It is driving me nuts, I have spent about 2 hours trying to fix it. I could have rewritten most of the program by now.

NC Name

Make sure in your operations tree that the NC names for each operation are the same. Simply right click on the operation and select edit selected operations, select change NC file name. Make sure they all match If they are all the same then it will post to one file. You can also go into settings - tool path manager - NC File and select how you want to post your code.

The NC file names were different. Some of the steps were set to the old file name. My Bad.

Thanks,
    I'm better now!

Re: NC Name

Quote Originally Posted by boysetsfires View Post
    Make sure in your operations tree that the NC names for each operation are the same. Simply right click on the operation and select edit selected operations, select change NC file name. Make sure they all match If they are all the same then it will post to one file. You can also go into settings - tool path manager - NC File and select how you want to post your code.

Thanks ... ended my frustration today!

Re: NC Name

Quote Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer View Post
    Thanks ... ended my frustration today!
    It's weird that the advice from 2006 might still be relevant.