585,908 active members*
3,734 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Limit Switches and The C27 Bob.

Limit Switches and The C27 Bob.

I have a 6 axis stepper controller box from CNC4PC. I am trying to wire up my limit switches and have a C27 Bob. to wire the 2 wire normally closed switches to. I have X,Y,Z axis to wire up. I am confused of how to go about this because there are no wiring diagrams for me to look at. A link to the limit switches is here. http://www.automationdirect.com/stat...s/limitaap.pdf. The switches I am using are the AAP2T41Z11. I do have the RJ45 jack in the back of the control box which is labeled LIMITS. That is then routed to a C32 board via a RJ45 cable. The power supply on the inside of the box is 5vdc.

Any help would be great!

Jeff

Re: Limit Switches and The C27 Bob.

On the Cnc4pc website, if you look at the mechanical switch set they sell, there is a wiring diagram. It shows the pin-out for the rj45, and it shows how the switches are wired, to plug into an RJ45 jack. Should apply to most mechanical normally-closed switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Deinonychus View Post
    On the Cnc4pc website, if you look at the mechanical switch set they sell, there is a wiring diagram. It shows the pin-out for the rj45, and it shows how the switches are wired, to plug into an RJ45 jack. Should apply to most mechanical normally-closed switches.
    Thanks for the reply and I think that will work. Do you think I will need any resistors? Bought the switches because of being water proof, just making sure they will work with the current power supply. Don't see why they would not but I don't to much about this still learning.

I have looked at the CNC4pc website and see the connection of how to hook this up, but what size resistors? The resistors are 2.4 k but what are the watts? Another problem is finding the little guys! Everyone I call says they go from 2.2 to 2.7,

Hi ballistic42

the 2.4K resistors are only needed if you connect a +24V supply to the limit switches to drop the 24V down to 5V at the breakout input terminal

2.4K is from the E24 series that is usually used for close tolerance resistors

if you can only buy E12 series 5% tolerance resistors
    I'm sure you can use 2K7 1/4 W resistors

Attachment 268288

to use the 5V supply from the C32 BOB

take +5V from the C 27 terminal 7

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5V  limit switches.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	268290

RJ45_11 connections
    Attachment 268292

to add two more switches assuming the port is RJ45_11

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adding two more 5V  limit switches.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	268298

John

John-100, thanks for the input and the attached diagrams. This project could not get finished without sharing of knowledge from everyone on this forum. Funny thing I was wondering how to wire the extra limit switch if that comes up later on.

Jeff