I have a Bridgeport Series 1 R2E4 CNC and my "Y" Axis Servo started making noise. I took it apart and every magnet in there is broke and has shifted around. I bought this CNC used last year and took a screwing on it, which was my fault I guess. I know a lot of people have picked up the Series 1 and retrofitted them with different servos and went to steppers.

What I need is a permanent magnet servo that fits the R2E4 CNC with Boss 9 Controller. The Servo is a Powertron 402CNSP0S72.

And like most, I'm on sort of a tight budget. My wife is retired and I am retired on Disability. I'm not looking for a handout or someone to give one away, but I lost use of one arm, I don't want to have to cut off the other arm. I've already throwed enough money at this thing. The guy I bought it off of had it cleaned and running when I went to look at it, but he was just jogging it around and didn't have a program in it. I later found out he only used it to flycut Delrin by jogging it back and forth and never had it programmed before. Then it would shake on the "Y" axis like it was looking for position. I had a guy that works on CNC's work on it and he decided it needed a new encoder. So for the hundreds I paid him, plus $500 for a new encoder, plus the price of the mill, I've spent a small fortune it seems. I've got too much into it to walk away now, but hate to keep throwing money at it. I would have not needed a new encoder if the motor was looked at first, but the motor had been rebuilt. It had a paper tag on it instead of the aluminum tag, it had been repainted, and it had paint marker writing on it. But it must have been dropped after it was put together. The three large magnets in the case are busted into something like 8 pieces and shifted all around plus they were sticking to the armature.

Thanks to anyone who can help if they can. I will put my e-mail in my profile just in case I don't see anything on here.

Kevin