585,767 active members*
4,174 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Robodrill mate?

Does anyone have an opinion on the robodrill mate (good or bad)?

I've never heard anything bad about the Robodrills. I know that they are wicked fast for drilling and tapping. I've seen them in a number of production environments (automotive and aerospace) where the machines were run round the clock and everyone I talked to had good things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by frogier View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on the robodrill mate (good or bad)?
    For the price, they are great machines, but you are limited to 3 axis (because the 0i-Mate controller can only control 3 axes) so if you want to add a 4th axis later, you'll have to go with an indexer and not a full 4th axis.

-A

We are running 10 Robodrill A10/TC machines currently. Great machines, easy to work on. Very reliable and precise. We do have several that have a 4th axis index with full 4th axis control.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob1371 View Post
    We are running 10 Robodrill A10/TC machines currently. Great machines, easy to work on. Very reliable and precise. We do have several that have a 4th axis index with full 4th axis control.

Bob
    We have a Robodrill T14iAL ourselves. Runs like clockwork and holds very tight tolerances.

We're putting together 4th and 5th axes soon so I may have to pick your brain about the parameter settings for the additional axes.

-A