584,805 active members*
5,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

did k2 go out of buisiness ?

i have a k2 machine with issues but it seems like the company went belly up
    the site is still up but all support has gone dead, even for buying, very strange.

Re: did k2 go out of buisiness ?

any info?

I sent them a support message a couple of days ago but haven't had a response. Having just noticed they've got a Facebook page with no recent updates (but a comment from a customer who's paid but not received a machine) it unfortunately looks like it might be the case. I really hope it isn't, as it obviously leaves owners high and dry should anything go wrong

brief read of Concepts and K2 , some sort of joint business venture or someone got bought or sold ???

I also have an issue with A K2 machine and have been trying to call for several weeks with no answer. Checked this am to and site is down.
    StuartC
    https://www.stuartgraphics.com/

Strange. I went to the site a few days ago and submitted a support request - no answer obviously. At the weekend I spotted the site was down, but I've just checked and it's back again. No idea what's going on.

It has Solid Works written all through the link . Someone from Solid Works should have some insight into what is going on .

Quote Originally Posted by Kru82 View Post
    It has Solid Works written all through the link . Someone from Solid Works should have some insight into what is going on .
    Sorry - I don't follow? CNC Routers and Waterjet Cutting Machines | K2CNC doesn't seem to reference Solid Works?

sploo

the link K2 CNC - Concepts In Production, LLC that a few are questioning on how go get assistance from K2 . Concepts has a lot of Solid Works name all through it .

Quote Originally Posted by Kru82 View Post
    sploo

the link K2 CNC - Concepts In Production, LLC that a few are questioning on how go get assistance from K2 . Concepts has a lot of Solid Works name all through it .
    Ah - that link. I don't know how current/relevant it is though. Looking at the page source, it shows:

<meta property="article : published_time" content="2014-09-08T18:23:26+00:00" />
    <meta property="article : modified_time" content="2014-12-09T22:15:12+00:00" />
    <meta property="og : updated_time" content="2014-12-09T22:15:12+00:00" />
    I.e. it's not that recent. Though I guess K2 seemed to "go dark" sometime towards the end of last year, so it may be pertinent.

well i called the cip company and they say that k2 s still open but has very little communication with anyone including their business partners
    the man i called did tell me that there was another company in california that make nearly the same machines

Quote Originally Posted by Lethrahn View Post
    well i called the cip company and they say that k2 s still open but has very little communication with anyone including their business partners
    the man i called did tell me that there was another company in california that make nearly the same machines
    Very strange. I expect there are probably plenty of similar companies around, but by "nearly the same machines" I wonder if it means they (K2) have splintered?

Not communicating with customers or their business partners doesn't really sound "open" in the sense of a company; not if you want to stay that way for long anyway.

A real shame, as I thought the machine (I got a 3925) was decent for the money, and the guys I discussed stuff with were good.

Lethrahn

I think this company is or was connected to with K2, they most likely have the same control

Cnc routers 3D cutting 4x4 cnc router and 2D for wood ~ 2x2 cnc router 2D plastic, to Desktop CNC Routers, and cnc routers. Velox CNC Router
    Mactec54

Looks like Mac is on to something. Looking at the Velox web site in the About Us page it says it was founded by Ron Liboon, and his brother founded K2. So at the very least you can call Velox and ask them what is up with K2. Personally, I have been reasonably happy with my K2 2514 router. It was a good deal compared to what else was available at the time about 10 years ago, but today you can get much better for much less money than what I got. My main complaint is that it is not rigid enough with the unsupported rails. I did buy some supported rails from Automation Technologies a while back that I was going to retrofit to the machine, but have not done it yet since I can build a bigger machine with them instead and just sell the old machine. Support wise, K2 has never been great over the half dozen calls I have made to them over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by brian257 View Post
    Looks like Mac is on to something. Looking at the Velox web site in the About Us page it says it was founded by Ron Liboon, and his brother founded K2. So at the very least you can call Velox and ask them what is up with K2. Personally, I have been reasonably happy with my K2 2514 router. It was a good deal compared to what else was available at the time about 10 years ago, but today you can get much better for much less money than what I got. My main complaint is that it is not rigid enough with the unsupported rails. I did buy some supported rails from Automation Technologies a while back that I was going to retrofit to the machine, but have not done it yet since I can build a bigger machine with them instead and just sell the old machine. Support wise, K2 has never been great over the half dozen calls I have made to them over the last 10 years.
    Interesting. I note that on the list of links at the bottom of their pages they have "K2 CNC". That would at least hint to an amicable split I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Lethrahn

I think this company is or was connected to with K2, they most likely have the same control

Cnc routers 3D cutting 4x4 cnc router and 2D for wood ~ 2x2 cnc router 2D plastic, to Desktop CNC Routers, and cnc routers. Velox CNC Router

hahaha well perfect this was the company i was talking about. in all honesty i forgot the name when i made the post sorry about that

VELOX CNC is very sorry to hear that a lot of people are being affected by the lack of service from K2 CNC.

Any and all issues with K2 CNC matters would be VERY difficult to resolved by VELOX CNC as we are not suited to assist customers from a company with which we are not a part of whatsoever. VELOX CNC does not support other manufacture's machines.

Here are some things that are deferent between VELOX CNC as of 2015:
    VELOX CNC does not sell servo motor control box made by K2 CNC.
    VELOX CNC does not sell k motion or KFLOP.
    VELOX CNC does not sell the same or any DC brushed motors.
    VELOX CNC does not have the same stepper motor control box.
    VELOX CNC does not have the any machines that have ballscrews gantry routers.
    VELOX CNC does not have the any machines that have square linear rails gantry routers.

VELOX CNC does not control K2 CNC and K2 CNC does not control VELOX CNC.
    VELOX CNC is owned by Ron who did help build K2 CNC up until 2011, but Ron was able to leave K2 CNC on good terms and start his own company which is VELOX CNC. K2 CNC does not have any control or ownership of VELOX CNC, so the product line and service that we provide is all our own.

The hardware benefits of VELOX CNC machines:
    -VELOX uses stepper motors. You can buy stepper motors from VELOX and at many 3rd party companies.
    -VELOX uses Gecko and Leadshine drivers that can be purchased from VELOX and directly from the manufacture.
    -VELOX uses Flashcut cnc and Mach 3 control software that have been around for over 10 years.

Furthermore, if you happen to read any threads about VELOX CNC products and/or service, you will find that we have a very high satisfaction rate along with great customer support.

VELOX CNC was started because the owner Ron wanted to build his own company and run it his way. The vision of VELOX CNC was NOT to be restricted to the technology of K2 CNC products and lask of support and therefore made an independent control box. A third party company designed the VELOX CNC breakout board and does not match the K2 CNC breakout boards.

As of April 2015, four years after Ron departed from K2 CNC, VELOX CNC has been able to provide great services and great products in the last 4 plus years and continues to do so. VELOX CNC continues to grow and is gaining ground in the CNC ROUTER industry because of its good business practices.

As much as VELOX CNC would like to support the K2 CNC customers, we do not have the schematics, products, and enough information to be successful in assisting the K2 CNC issues.

Again VELOX CNC is truely sorry for the issues that K2 CNC customers are having and we wish you the best of luck.

VELOX CNC

Attachment 278218
    We can Repair Or Retrofit Your K2 Machine
    Give us a call 949-428-5079
    or [email protected]

We Can Help
    www.cncrepair.us
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	2