585,762 active members*
4,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: did k2 go out of buisiness ?

Their web site took an order from me on April 26, 2015.
    Their web site is now gone, their telephone is disconnected, and their email address bounces.

A pretty strong indication that they are out of business. Fortunately I chose PayPal to pay for the possibly non-existent parts. A claim has already been filed and it will be resolved in 10 days. I either receive my parts or I get a full refund. I love PayPal!!!

I would prefer to receive the parts...

What parts do you need i can get them for you

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-repair View Post
    What parts do you need i can get them for you
    Could you please tell me who you are, where you are and how may I contact you?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sploo View Post
    Very strange. I expect there are probably plenty of similar companies around, but by "nearly the same machines" I wonder if it means they (K2) have splintered?

Not communicating with customers or their business partners doesn't really sound "open" in the sense of a company; not if you want to stay that way for long anyway.

A real shame, as I thought the machine (I got a 3925) was decent for the money, and the guys I discussed stuff with were good.
    Hey There,

Since we have a 3925 that was not set up when they sent it to us (and they're not available), I'm hoping you might share your KMotion Configuration and Step Response settings.

Hope you are well.

Mark

1(905)449-6447

Quote Originally Posted by georgeaz3 View Post
    Could you please tell me who you are, where you are and how may I contact you?
    Thank you
    Go to cncrepair.us contact us or email "todd at cncrepair.us"

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-repair View Post
    Go to cncrepair.us contact us or email "todd at cncrepair.us"
    Www.Cncrepair.us

Quote Originally Posted by mauk View Post
    Hey There,

Since we have a 3925 that was not set up when they sent it to us (and they're not available), I'm hoping you might share your KMotion Configuration and Step Response settings.
    You still need those settings? I have a 3925. I've just noticed that the k2 site is down.

So, just as I suspected some time ago. I had some requests while I was rebuilding my control box and got negative results. My 2514 is a great little machine for what I need but,
    I wish now they had supplied schematics and part numbers for the electrics. Anybody identify the transformer ratings from an early maybe second year product?? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by ozgedney49 View Post
    So, just as I suspected some time ago. I had some requests while I was rebuilding my control box and got negative results. My 2514 is a great little machine for what I need but,
    I wish now they had supplied schematics and part numbers for the electrics. Anybody identify the transformer ratings from an early maybe second year product?? Just curious

is it gecko drives?

Yes the original set up was with 3 Gecko 201's. I have had it apart several times since I purchased it.
    The last time I fried one of the Gecko's and bought a Chinese 4 axis controller board so I can add a 3D printer head.
    If I had a schematic of the original K2CNC control box I would have added another Gecko and saved myself
    a lot of hair pulling and re designing a new box..

oh this is a stepper motor machine you should really upgrade to a hybrid stepper or servo setup that basic stepper setup is not very accurate

They did and I need a bit of help. I have 3925 I bought in 2007. I need a drive belt for my X axis servo motor. The number on the old belt is illegible but the belt is 10" long, 3/8" wide, with rib spacing of 1/8". Does anyone know a source for this type belt?

hi there, Im in the same boat and need help configuring my K2 router's ports and pins setup for Mach 3. What are the port/pins that your K2 is using?

Page 2 of 2 12