585,556 active members*
3,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal VMC 15 measurements needed please

Fadal VMC 15 measurements needed please

Hello everyone.

I`m looking for some dimensions of the fadal vmc15

What are the measurements of the:

Z-collom width x depth x length?
    The base width x depth x length?

If there is someone who could provide me with these measurements then that would be realy great.

Thank you guys.

Re: Fadal VMC 15 measurements needed please

Google "fadal specifications pdf" and you'll get it. I will tell you if you take off the Z Axis motor you can barely fit it in a 83inch tall garage.

FWIW - Most people forget to remove (and replace) the leveling screws. Doing so will give you a little more room.

A trick also is to have 4 sheets 1/8 x 8 x 24 of UHMW plastic ( 25 bucks at Tap Plastics) to put the machine on. Then, with a block of wood to the front of the casting, use the forklift to push it under the door.

Before remove the servo (z) mark both the axis couplings with a felt pen, clean the servo shaft and ball screw shaft then duct tape them so they won't rotate with an accidental bump. This way you can replace them without z axis positioning problems for tool change.

I had a similar issue recently. bought a vmc15 to put in the basement. My garage door is 86" opening and I got it in with about 1" to spare by screwing the leveling feet all the way up (the pads on the bottom were welded on.) Also the Z axis motor was removed and the plastic cable carrier for the motor was unbolted and layed down to the side. Another issue I discovered that was wrong .... The specifications call out 96" top height of the machine. That was pretty close with the Z all the way down, but was about +12" with the Z all the way up! I had to box in my floor joist and cut a hole in the dining room floor to make it fit. Now I have plastic cable way that comes up through the floor. Life is hard .

PM me if you need pics. T

Quote Originally Posted by Noyrt View Post
    I had a similar issue recently. bought a vmc15 to put in the basement. My garage door is 86" opening and I got it in with about 1" to spare by screwing the leveling feet all the way up (the pads on the bottom were welded on.) Also the Z axis motor was removed and the plastic cable carrier for the motor was unbolted and layed down to the side. Another issue I discovered that was wrong .... The specifications call out 96" top height of the machine. That was pretty close with the Z all the way down, but was about +12" with the Z all the way up! I had to box in my floor joist and cut a hole in the dining room floor to make it fit. Now I have plastic cable way that comes up through the floor. Life is hard .

PM me if you need pics. T
    Hey Noyrt,
    I know I'm resurrecting this from the dead but you are saying that even though the specifications show a height of 95.5", the machine is actually 12 additional inches at full height Z? I am also thinking about getting a VMC15 to go in my basement and definitely cant cut into the floor for additional height. Also, I would have to basically disassemble the entire machine to get it downstairs. I think that may be a mistake to try and do though. Thoughts people...?

Quote Originally Posted by NismoGT View Post
    Hey Noyrt,
    I know I'm resurrecting this from the dead but you are saying that even though the specifications show a height of 95.5", the machine is actually 12 additional inches at full height Z? I am also thinking about getting a VMC15 to go in my basement and definitely cant cut into the floor for additional height. Also, I would have to basically disassemble the entire machine to get it downstairs. I think that may be a mistake to try and do though. Thoughts people...?
    I’ll look later but the maintenance manual says the exact max height.

I just checked it’s 101”