584,842 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Advantage Service Subscription & Support Plans

Advantage Service Subscription & Support Plans

What's this?
    Advantage Service Subscription Plan | Support Plans | BobCAD-CAM | BobCAD-CAM
    To me that sounds like you get tech support,all updates, and upgrades of new Versions for a yearly price.
    Anybody at BoB care to comment ???

Re: Advantage Service Subscription & Support Plans

This might be a great deal for some of us.
    They say to call a number to ask about pricing.
    Calling on Al,,,what is the skinny ?

Sounds like they have run out of ideas... Updates are to fix problems with the software.... Bugs.... Updates are to get new functionality. So they program in bugs and charge you to fix it. Why not just make a product that works.... Like when you started Bob Cad and charge a reasonable price... And support your customers! I've invested a lot of money in this company and for what? Programs that don't work... Why? The FAQ's on this link ... generated by sales people suck... Here is some questions.... Is BobCad on the verge of bankruptcy? Do you have a product that can draw a part and generate tool path for said part...?? Does Bob Cad care about its customers anymore?
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art

Actually "Advantage Service Subscription" sounds like something I would be very interested in.
    This is the first I have heard of this.
    If I am reading right,,as they wrote in the link I supplied,,I want it,,,if the price is reasonable.

Martin,keep posting questions on these Forums.I can assure you BoBCAD works just fine.I have been with them for 6 years,with 3 different versions I have owned.I would of dumped them to the curb a long time ago if I could not make parts.
    I however do not like their update policy.Fixing bugs should be free.

The "Advantage Service Subscription & Support Plans " I am mentioning is something entirely different.Please read the link in its entirety.

Yes I have been with them since V21 and purchased many upgrades... But yes I'm sure with this forum I can make what I have work... without them... Many of you guys have the experience and knowledge and are willing to help us less fortunate ones... That is the great thing about forums. I just hope they don't go under for their current mode of attack...
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art

OK here is the gest of it.. in my opinion.... You need more money to pay your employees.... Fine... charge more for the program. But it had better work. Charge a easy monthly charge... But the software better work... But selling updates and then Charging us to fix them... Is not the way to go... Stop making upgrades.... Fix the last version and make sure all of your customers are happy.... Then you will sell more product and all will be right in the world... When the last version works and everyone can use it without worry... Then think about upgrades.... The product say V27... if it works as advertised Its fantastic... Why fix what isn't broken... Happy customers drives sales... And Bob Cad has what it takes to be the number one selling and lasting company... Wasting time on the phone with tech support is not a winning prospect... Never needing tech support is a winning software.... Just saying...

jrmach, please help me understand the difference between this offer and the "old" service plan...
    I read every line (even expanded every question/answer. It sounds to me like the same service plan with a new name. Except, now it spells out there will be a reinstatement fee for a lapse (which I think most, have expected was coming...)

Maybe I did not understand originally,,,but what sticks out to me, that interests me is that even version upgrades are included.Like if under your 12 month subscription there may be a couple of updates included,,which I heard that part.But also if within your 12 months V 28 comes out,you get that too.That part I never knew about.

Hello Everyone,

Yes BobCAD does now offer service subscription plans. The idea is to offer customers a single price for the upgrades, updates and technical support. We started offering this option when we released the multiaxis products and are extending this option to all of our product lines. As far as the cost of the subscription it would be based on what products you own, Your best bet would be to call to find out 877-262-2231 X126. As far as a monthly fee, I think that is in the works but I am not sure if it's established at this point.

The reality is we are trying to make everyone happy and will continue to offer upgrades as an option to our customer base. Many have requested a yearly fee which now offer with our service subscription, and you'll be happy to know it also includes support. If you have additional questions about our service subscription please call 877-262-2231 X126
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Thanks jrmach.
    Must be why it seems like the same plan with a new name...
    We purchased multi axis product, thus updates/upgrades were part of the premium support plan.

Then, they changed the policy after honoring the "free" upgrade, and we were required to pay for a new plan to get the updates...

The tech support part should be optional,,that would keep the price even lower.Not all of us need to call in and ask questions.I have yet to use it even in the first 45 days when it is free.Between the video's and the forums , I can figure it out.