584,874 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > GE FANUC α Series Control Motor Servo amplifier unit and Series 16-MB
Page 1 of 2 12

GE FANUC α Series Control Motor Servo amplifier unit and Series 16-MB

Hello!!
    I have Fanuc CNC Series 16-MB and Fanuc Alpha Servo Applified Unit (A06B-6089-H210).
    Is possible run Servo Unit with Series 16MB CNC?

How to clear memory on CNC Series 16-M?

Re: GE FANUC α Series Control Motor Servo amplifier unit and Series 16-MB

Yes you can run the amplifier on the Fanuc series 16MB. The 16MB comes in both Type A and Type B servo interface. This drive is selectable so you can use in either case
    To clear all memory you press and hold Reset and Delete buttons while powering up to clear all memory.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Yes you can run the amplifier on the Fanuc series 16MB. The 16MB comes in both Type A and Type B servo interface. This drive is selectable so you can use in either case
    To clear all memory you press and hold Reset and Delete buttons while powering up to clear all memory.
    Thank you!

Also I have motor alpha 2/3003. Does this motor work with my Alpha Servo Applified Unit (A06B-6089-H210) or Alpha Servo Applified Unit (A06B-6089-H104)?
    In Manual (B–65192EN/02 - page 4) says alpha 2/3000 motors only for Group A Servo unit, but my drive are Group C and Group G. Is it possible run this motor with my Servo units?

Does Motor Group A compatibility with Group B, C or G?

You can not run motors from one group with amplifies in another group.

You can not run motors from one group with amplifies in another group.
    it is so sad.
    Any way thanks you for answer.

Can some one help me with config Fanuc Series 16M with my Servo Applified Unit.
    I have only One Servo Applified Unit, and my CNC looks without any programs.
    How config CNC to Applified Unit, because when I power UP, CNC give a lot Arams (***EMG ARAMS***). And looks like CNC trying connect to Axis 1, 2 and 3. Is it possible config just for Axis, and not try config with others?
    I know there is special Parameter Manual (62450E) for Series 16 and 18, but I didn't find solution.
    Please help.

goto parameter 1023 and put -128 (must have the minus sign too) in the axis you don't want to connect to.

goto parameter 1023 and put -128 (must have the minus sign too) in the axis you don't want to connect to.
    Thanks, it works.

How config CNC controller (my is Fanuc 16-M) for Type B, or it automatically selects between Type A and B?

You can not configure your controller to type A or type B. You buy it that way. The way you tell is if you have connectors on the main board where the encoder plugs into. If not then they plug into the amplifier. Amplifiers are either type A or type B. Some have dip switches to select which one you need it to be.

You can not configure your controller to type A or type B. You buy it that way. The way you tell is if you have connectors on the main board where the encoder plugs into. If not then they plug into the amplifier. Amplifiers are either type A or type B. Some have dip switches to select which one you need it to be.
    Thank you for fully answer!

My Fanuc 16 Series doesn't have any programs (application) all parameters are by "0", and I have alarm "417" for Axis 1. I found need config parameters 2020-2024 (motor config), but I didn't find how exactly identified motor. How enter Motor ID? where get motor ID?

Can I get somewhere working parameters list for Fanuc CNC Series 16?

Try these...

Try these...
    Thanks for list, it helped. All alarms gone.

But now CNC stack on: "MDI **** -- EMG --" and when CNC booting shows NOT READY.
    I found this about Emergency Stop on Servo Amplified Unit, CX4 Connector, but I closed pin 2 and 3 on CX4, but still same.
    May be some parameter I should change?
    Please help!

Do you have a ladder in this machine? input X008.4 must be on. Also G008.4 in the ladder must also be on. If you press SYSTEM PMC PMCLAD you should see some rungs. Search for X008.4 and see if it is on. The ladder logic is what controls the state of the machine. Where are you located?

Do you have a ladder in this machine? input X008.4 must be on. Also G008.4 in the ladder must also be on. If you press SYSTEM PMC PMCLAD you should see some rungs. Search for X008.4 and see if it is on. The ladder logic is what controls the state of the machine. Where are you located?
    In SYSTEM PMC PMCLAD "Ladder" is empty. I couldn't fine X008 and G008 address.

Is it possible to create the ladder? how to do this?

You are going to need a lot of work to get this thing going. Not possible thru this forum as there are too many variables that need to be addressed. Not only do you need a ladder you will also need I/O interface to talk to the operator's panel. Do you even have an operator's panel? You need something to select which axis to jog, home and run in automatic mode. It takes me a week to accomplish this on a simulator with all the hardware in tact. Not only does the ladder need to be written, it must match your configursation. Also, the parameters I sent you are only a starting point. The servos need to be initialized for the motors you plan on running on this. Then we have Fanuc options that need to be turned on which Fanuc will have to come in and do. (That is why you can't see your ladder as the option bit for your ladder type is not set) Sorry but I am going to abort this mission.

You are going to need a lot of work to get this thing going. Not possible thru this forum as there are too many variables that need to be addressed. Not only do you need a ladder you will also need I/O interface to talk to the operator's panel. Do you even have an operator's panel? You need something to select which axis to jog, home and run in automatic mode. It takes me a week to accomplish this on a simulator with all the hardware in tact. Not only does the ladder need to be written, it must match your configursation. Also, the parameters I sent you are only a starting point. The servos need to be initialized for the motors you plan on running on this. Then we have Fanuc options that need to be turned on which Fanuc will have to come in and do. (That is why you can't see your ladder as the option bit for your ladder type is not set) Sorry but I am going to abort this mission.
    Thanks for you help, you really help me!

For create a ladder I need "Fapt Ladder", right? I have Fapt Ladder III, is it will for with my Fanuc 16?
    Also, is it possible to connect my CNC to PC directly from port JD5A (R232-1) to PC Comm port? Can you help me with PinOut of cable?
    Thanks

Hello every one!
    Can someone share some ladder file for Fanuc Series 16 MB?
    My CNC memory is empty, doesn't have any ladder, I really need some.
    Thanks

Ladders are machine specific.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Ladders are machine specific.
    I need this CNC only for test Amplifier Modules. So, I guess I need any ladder.
    Thanks

No, you need some kind of very basic ladder, any ladder will look for machine I/O and that will cause problems. Fanuc does now have a very nice simulator software package that have basic ladder functions and control layouts for the PC. Think its only ~1100 for the package.

Page 1 of 2 12