585,735 active members*
5,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Welding Brazing Soldering Sealing > want welding fume extraction DIY plans

Smile want welding fume extraction DIY plans

Are there any plans for a roll around floor welding smoke filter box that I can use in my shop for mig welding? I would rather buy the filters and make my own unit if plans are available. Thanks:

I'd be interested in this as well.........

Ditto. Actual welding fume extractor are expensive. I have used tried a Jet dust collector and a bunch-o filters and welding fumes plug it fast. I have taken to simply using a squaral cage fan in the ceiling to pull out the dirty air and duct it either outside or back in via a bunch-o filters. Again, welding fumes are simply exhausted because the filters are plugged too fast. Interested in any good plans.

My plan was to just vent outside but Im wondering, is it ok to just vent the welding fumes outside....environment....regulations etc?

I know this started out as 'DIY plans' but there were no useful replies and it was posted in October, so I found this link to a nice little unit that will work for welding fumes, and also wood dust. Good crossover.
    http://www.farrapc.com/zephyr_2/