584,842 active members*
4,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Alphacam settings issue.help?

Alphacam settings issue.help?

We recently formated our PC and with it we lost the settings of the software Alphacam. Now we are having issues when exporting .anc files from Alphacam and importing at the milling machine. We made photos of all the errors we get on Alphacam and the milling machine computer.

Since this problem happened in a very critical moment, ( we have an advertising campaign from a very respected client) we will need someone to help because its a little urgent. ( we are trying, but unsuccessful till now).

Thank you in advance

Re: Alphacam settings issue.help?

You could start by doing as it's telling You - apply lead in/out (and of course, check that the correct Postprocessor is chosen)

Quote Originally Posted by camnerd View Post
    You could start by doing as it's telling You - apply lead in/out (and of course, check that the correct Postprocessor is chosen)
    Thank you for your answer.
    Since I'm not very familiar with the machine, I don't know where to check the Postprocessor settings. Can you please advice me more on this topic?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    when choosing "save NC", You can see on the first page, what Postprocessor is active..
    if it's not the correct one, You can go to choose the right one (supposed, that You have this )

Quote Originally Posted by camnerd View Post
    Hi,
    when choosing "save NC", You can see on the first page, what Postprocessor is active..
    if it's not the correct one, You can go to choose the right one (supposed, that You have this )
    Hello again camnerd,
    Thank you for your suggestion on the postprocessor.

Yesterday I advanced my knowledge on that topic. I now remember that yes, I have the correct Processor. I found how to change them and I even edited it with AlphaEdit because it wouldn't allow a SpindleSpeed of 18000 , which it did allow before formatting the PC. There are no errors upon exporting now but still they dont work at the router.

BUT, at the router we have the old files .anc that work. I saw one of their g-code and they say things like : G43, G54 etc...More than 40 lines of code. Whereas at the files I export now they dont have any line that has G in it and they are just 7 or 8 lines.

How to get G-code on files ?

Thank you in advance.

I think, You should contact Your reseller - (or are you not on the SMP?)

It sounds very much like you lost your post processor when you formatted your hard drive. As posts are customised you will need to contact Alphacam to write you another one.