585,962 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Esprit > Esprit post help for a Mori Seiki SL _ C Axis Lathe post

Esprit post help for a Mori Seiki SL _ C Axis Lathe post

My problem is that I have a Post for a Mori Seiki SL lathe With C axis. But i need it to post code with with incremental output . In a lathe it will not be as simple as turning on the G91(Incremental) in the Machine Setup/ NC Output Tab / Coordinate Mode.In a lathe you need the X to be a U and Z= W and C = H and Y = V. Can anyone help with this post conversion? Or give insight into a way to make Esprit give this incremental code. I'm using 2014 version of Esprit.

Thanks
    Tim I.

Re: Esprit post help for a Mori Seiki SL _ C Axis Lathe post

1. Is the post unlocked? the post file extension must be .asc
    2. Why do you want to do this? What are you trying to accomplish?

I guess if you really wanted to this can be done...just not sure why.

Thanks for responding ,the post is unlocked and it has a .asc extension file. The reason is that I have a part with 12 slots on the OD equally spaced around the circumference.I would like to create the slot incrementally and then use a H30 for the "C" rotation of 30 degrees each time and just repeat the one slot code. This would make editing the slot easier ( just one slot to edit) with out all the different C axis's amounts at each of the 12 slots positions.

What about the slot needs to be changed? Are you just trying to maintain size? Or are you actually moving the slot ?
    It doesn't seem like you want your entire code to be posted incrementally so I would suggest flagging the op and have the post output just the flagged op incrementally. You can flag the op with the custom settings for the operation and then in the post you could add a branch that once it saw the flag it would output the op incremental. Bit of work to do but definitely possible.
    You could also just insert a loop with a sub program. Not sure on the syntax or use in mori but you should be able to just call a sub program that contains the slot and a 30deg rotation. Loop that sub 12x and you will have 12 slots cut and only 1 slot program to edit if needed.

Hello

We provide the best lasers routes and plasma CNC machine. Need information. Please contact us

Regards
    Casper
    Www.cncmetalcut.com
    Www.laser-solution.com