Hello all,

I'm a recent college grad come across an awesome engineering position with a small composites company in Denver. We create structural honeycomb panels for an array of industries. Mostly working in aluminum, facesheets/core/inserts. While I'm new to CNC machines I'm very comfortable with software and how it works with machine interfaces, my specialty is drafting but I wear many hats in my current position.

We've recently purchased a used Quintax/Ferry dual bed 3-axis CNC Router. This thing is sweet - two 5x12 tables with a 50hp vacuum system. We've purchased this beast from a large aerospace company in a 'well-used' state. Slowly, we're working our way through and getting used to the machine and how to work with it.

I come today looking for advice, we've got a large job that requires routing of some large, tight tolerance, panels. Most of this is through aluminum bar inserts within our panels. What we've got are panels that are too long to run in a single set-up. I'm looking for experienced insight into how you would run a part that requires up to four different set-ups (Two per front/Two per back for each panel) while maintaining a true position of 0.007".

We have a machinist who is well experienced but he works a day job and does this on the side, which doesn't always lend itself to reliability.

Any opinions are welcome, I'm very eager to learn and excited at the same time. Thank you!