584,862 active members*
5,354 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G Weike LC1390 firmware problems!

Have just gotten some strange firmware issue's when i was cutting some acrylics for a small jobb and then the problem started.

The laser cutter freezes up when i am about to delete the jobb files on the cutter and it freezes up when it has completed the jobb.
    I suspect something has happened to the firmware on the machine.

Are there anyway to restore the firmware in the machine.
    Have tried to contact G-weike but i think they are on Chinese new year holliday something and i don't want to be "the crazy customer".

I need to find a solution before i fill upp the cutters memory and make the problem get any bigger than it is.

Any help will be most appreciated!

Re: G Weike LC1390 firmware problems!

Gweike is on holiday but they are posting in the forum. I would just try to send them a direct message here.

Well i have been in contact with g-weike but i think i will take a chill-pill for a couple of days and hope they have the remedy for the problem.
    Now the machine will not even bot up and get stuck in the start menu.

Hopefully they have a recover software for the firmware... because now i really stuck! =/

what controller do you have? I have an LG3040 with Mpc6515 controller having problems with it getting stuck on the test contour screen.. does nothing.

I have a LC1390 with same controller (mpc6515) as you do.

My machine got stuck in the start menu the other day. It turned out to be a very simple problem, the LCD plug was loose. Check that, also check loose wires on the motion card.

Well i have checked the cables for the LCD and the other connectors but i gave up and ordered a mpc6565 and hopefully my laser will spring to life and get back to work again.
    I had to make a decision quite quick so i can get back for my projects again... but i will save the 6515 card and send it to a friend who fix circuitboards for a living but it will surely take some time.

So hopefully the new card will work and not bugger me for a couple of years =)

I did the same thing, ordered a new motion card. Received the card, made no difference. The card also turned out to be considerably bigger and didnt fit inside the machine so I had to return it which was not easy (had to get paypal involved) and expensive. But - maybe it works better for you. Good luck.

I hope it will fit since the lc1390 has some space to spare... And with a new card and pad it should fix the problemo. Which model of cutter do you have?

I have a Gweike manufactured machine from Hurricane Lasers which is now closed. Its a small machine, 12 by 16 cut area. There was never anything wrong with the card and the machine has been working smoothly for several weeks now. I was told that it was the card, which is why I bought it. I was not too happy with having to fight for a refund and pay for the return shipping to China but more importantly I lost business while waiting for the card and generally being mislead about the problem. The LCD cable was loose but also a couple connections to the card. When they were reattached the machine didnt power up right away. It took a couple tries.

It sounds like youre not going to have that problem with the card not fitting. I dont want to be negative and I hope this solves the problem for you. I just want people to be aware and not act too fast to buy the motion card because its not that easy to return. China imposes hefty custom fees which makes returns very complicated. So my advice to anyone else reading this is to go ahead and check all cables before you purchase a new card. Also if you need it, its better to buy it from a local supplier if possible.

Ok... I have tried the loose LCD syndrome but with no success... So I sent after the 6565 with express so hopefully it will work and if it won't I will curl up in a corner and take it like a man... Crying in foster position

Im sure it will be fine, dont forget you need new firmware to go with the new card (or so I think?) If the card doesnt work for you and you need advice on how to return it youre welcome to send me a direct message.

Hopefully it won't be a problem... I am about to buy a 20w fiber marker so it's in their interest to help I hope... but thanks for your support I'll pm before I find my corner