584,833 active members*
5,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Dyna Myte 2400 manual+wiring diagram
    ysihonda Guest

Dyna Myte 2400 manual+wiring diagram

Hello,

Maybe first post here but have been watching forum many years. Now I bought my first cnc machine, Dyna Myte 2400 and there have been manual for download but those links will not work anymore. If someone know where I can download it please let me know. Here is my email if somebody like to send it to me sajo10(at)gmail.com

All electronics have been stripped off from my machine and now I will install them back and try how it works. Thats why I need that manual and wiring digram. That machine is in Finland.

Thanks for advance,

Sami

Re: Dyna Myte 2400 manual+wiring diagram

Check your email.
    A lazy man does it twice.

ysihonda Guest

Thanks! Those was just what I looking for.

There was some other problem also. Z-axis gear has one tooth missing (that plastic one under the stepper motor) and I just send email Dynamechtronics and hoping best get new one. Let`s see.

Plastic gear is not difficult to make. Use the old steel hub. Material is 2" OD (51mm) Delrin (Acetal) bar. 100 teeth. 0.5 Module. 9mm thick. Involute gear cutter 0.5 module No. 7. Cut depth 0.043" (1.1mm). Hub recess 0.165" (4.1mm) deep. Bore 0.790" dia (20mm). 3 flat head screws M4 x 8mm. Use hub as jig to drill gear. Cutter from CTC Tools.
    Old screws will have to be drilled out and an easy out to remove last bit of thread. This procedure has been done many times with complete success.
    RichD

ysihonda Guest

Thanks for info. I check out CTC Tools and that module 0.5 tool was out of stock. Can you make that gear for sale? If you do I am interested. Let me know if it is possible. Maybe set of 3 gears?

Sami

I might have one of those gears, maybe more. I tore all of that gear reduction out. I do have 2, I will let you have one. Pm me where to send it.

Sami,
    just a hobby here. A buddy & myself have 3 2400s and the old nylon gears were starting to split. Obvious defective manufacture in an otherwise great machine.
    We bought our cutters from CTC recently via Ebay/Paypal. Delrin cuts almost like brass. Follow with a light edge chamfer on the teeth to cut off the fuzz.
    As an experiment I changed the 100 step motors to NEMA 17 200 step @ 65 oz/in. Except for trimming the shaft to length, it's almost pug-n-play. Series Driven.
    We use Camtronics and Xylotex drivers.
    RichD

ysihonda Guest

Does anybody know what could be wrong with my Dyna startup because when I turn power on machine goes straight to Mode? position and it skipped that Ready? (any axles would not move, not with manul mode or auto, backlash metering is missing too) command totally ? What could do that?

Thanks,

Does it home upon start up? and then go to mode?

ysihonda Guest

No, it does not do anything. Nothing moves at all.

ysihonda Guest

I think I found what is wrong with my mill. In the Machine distribution board, there is two I/O IC`s (INS8243N) and the lower one is "main" ic and every signal goes thru that circuit (axis moves, limits, etc.). Now I test to swap those two ic`s and now I get that Ready? command to display. I can choose Yes or No choises but initializing did not pass and when pick up Yes. Also when I choose No that emergency move mode will not move any axles. I guess when I get new, working ic everything goes just fine. Let`S see I will update when I get new ic and can do more testing.