585,735 active members*
4,664 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Welcome to the Path Pilot forum!

Please restrict postings to Path Pilot related discussions.

Re: Welcome to the Path Pilot forum!

My issue with Mach3 is it's inability to handle cutter diameter compensation G42/G42. I don't read anywhere that the PathPilot software cures this. Has anyone else heard differently? This would be a major improvement for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolant Slinger View Post
    My issue with Mach3 is it's inability to handle cutter diameter compensation G42/G42. I don't read anywhere that the PathPilot software cures this. Has anyone else heard differently? This would be a major improvement for me.
    per tormach webcast this is fixed, they also noted mach would run on invalid arc vs positions and now it will error if invalid math is commanded.

It is sure nice to be able to stop the program and restart without damaging the part!
    The only thing I have noticed is that the increment steps for the jog controller has changed from .0001 to .001 on two different occasions now, I am thinking this may be related to the noise from compressor starts possibly, it doesnt run often and I forget to shut the valve overnight. It is a 5 hp version and the 230 volt connection is about 15 feet from the Tormach connection.

I have run several programs and not one glitch yet!!

I tried to copy the DVD to put it on another disc thinking that would get rid of the eject problem with the DVD drive, that didnt work, the files are there but it wont boot from it.

I am wondering if the new non beta PathPilot disc will be in disc form or a download from Tormach's site?

It has been an easy transition from Mach, at my age I can use all the help I can get ha!!
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    It is sure nice to be able to stop the program and restart without damaging the part!
    The only thing I have noticed is that the increment steps for the jog controller has changed from .0001 to .001 on two different occasions now, I am thinking this may be related to the noise from compressor starts possibly, it doesnt run often and I forget to shut the valve overnight. It is a 5 hp version and the 230 volt connection is about 15 feet from the Tormach connection.

I have run several programs and not one glitch yet!!

I tried to copy the DVD to put it on another disc thinking that would get rid of the eject problem with the DVD drive, that didnt work, the files are there but it wont boot from it.

I am wondering if the new non beta PathPilot disc will be in disc form or a download from Tormach's site?

It has been an easy transition from Mach, at my age I can use all the help I can get ha!!
    How are you attempting to copy the disc? I had no problems creating an ISO of mine with a tool like imgburn (like most programs these days, it ships with bloatware that you have to uncheck during install, beware). Imgburn can also burn the newly created ISO to another blank disc.

Simple drag-and-drop won't work because CDs have special sectors that declare it bootable in addition to visible folders and files.

I will have to download imgburn, I dont have a dvd copy utility on any of my machines.
    mike sr