584,841 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mazatrol matrix nexus efficient programming with g54.1 p*

Mazatrol matrix nexus efficient programming with g54.1 p*

Hello,

I am trying to make a EIA program to make it easier for our programmers to make a program in mazatrol matrix nexus(v1). The situation is that we have a pallet with 4 rows and can contain 4 to 6 products ( it depends on the product) from bottom to the top, so X and Z are the same only the y axle changes per product. The programmer now needs to write down al the coordinates seperatly in an ISO program en define them as g54.1 p1/g54.1p24. This i can simplify with something like :

WHILE [#7LT#1+1]DO 1

G90

g54.1p#7 X#3 Y#4+#2*#7 Z#5
    #7=#7+1

Now the hard part comes, I would also like that in mazatrol we only program the operations for one product, then call up a EIA program and define how many products we want to make dispersed on a X number of rows with a spacing of *Y. So the EIA defines how much g54.1 P* need to be made and only make the right amount of operations. This is also easy programmable, but now the real question is if it is possible to keep the order from mazatrol with the tools. Like first drill all holes on all the product (including turn around the b axle) before tapping all the holes.

I hope someone can help me in the right direction, and sorry for my great english.

Joeri

Re: Mazatrol matrix nexus efficient programming with g54.1 p*

ok, I will say it for everyone else. HUH?

I'm sorry I will try again,

I would like to make a EIA program that will allow us to program 1 product in mazatrol and copy this for a variable number of products. For example our pallets has 4 sides (rows) with 6 products on each side. All products must be machined the same way on three different sides. I managed to write a EIA program that does this for me, only problem is that it doesn't work with the order for tools given in mazatrol. So now its machining one product at the time and changes tools every product and that costs a lot of time. I was hoping someone has done this before and knows how to solve this.

Greetings,

Joeri

EIA or mazatrol that gets messy and possibly error prone trying to run each tool several times at different fixture locations before running the next tool.

One way would be to split each tool out as separate sub programs. Then have a master program set which offset to use, then call the tool sub program. Repeat thru each fixture offset, then call the next tool.
    This would work for EIA or mazatrol.

A better/cleaner way with EIA might be preset your offsets at the beginning of the program then some macro code around the cutter path for each tool.
    Sample program code idea
    Code:
    T5 M6
    M3 S2000
    #100=1 (fixture offset counter reset)
    N30
    G54.1p#100
    (...  tool code)

#100=#100+1
    IF [#100 LE 6] goto #4114 (loop back to last N# if on offset <= 6)

(Next tool)

Dpuch thank you for your response.

I have tried many ways to make it work but mazatrol keep doing weird things in combination with ISO sub programs. So we decided to go full ISO and use mazatrol only for very simple products for small orders.