584,846 active members*
4,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Moriseiki msg-803

Hello

There is a moriseiki CL-203B with meldas M64 System and Mapps application

After power on system boot finish and then screen frozen, sound like waiting a signal

There is a optic cable between FCA64-B and Screen board, We change it but usuless

Which kind of trouble could be happened and which side part could be broken

Or any idea?

Waiting for your valuable Response

Regards

Re: Moriseiki msg-803

Please take a picture of frozen screen.

Thank you for your quick reply

Video link as below

http://youtu.be/aKjSQWLOm9s

Some more photo

video cant be viewed it's private. you need to set the video to PUBLIC

MAPPS board (behind screen) is a computer (depending on model but year of yours 2004 so possibly with P4 CPU) and is connected to main CNC control with optical cable and FSSB board (usually)

what numbers are on the Meldas CNC control LEDs?

Sorry to say, that maps panel bit the dust. Can't see the video, but that single line is never good. You can try ejecting the pcmcia card out of the mapps panel and re insert it. Does it have any text visible before it gets the single line?

he said the system boot finishes (meaning MAPPS board does boot up).
    I did some experiments with my MAPPS board recently.
    MAPPS PC and rear CNC control will boot up separately even without HSSB board or cable (then error due to lack of communication will occur)
    If MAPPS board boots then it's possibly Meldas that has the problem.

We really need to see that video......

http://youtu.be/aKjSQWLOm9s

Sorry for video, i set it for public

As your suspect, We remove Mapps side from the machine and work it, After Mapps finish boot and waiting a signal, but this booting finish or no realy we dont know

http://youtu.be/QnbjxGfWOKk

Without machine, without meldas video

http://youtu.be/awf3-Pu4OXA

Meldas error video

it looks like your MAPPS board is fully functional. BTW, you have MAPPS 1 running Tiny OS/2. It's the same system as my SL-253 with MSG-500

you will need to look in the Meldas maintenance manual to find out what the LED error means.

With a Fanuc CNC, it boots instantly and the LED status is 'Waiting For Sub CPU' until the MAPPS has finished booting then the LED status changes to normal operation.

Unfortunately your CNC control is not Fanuc so you are pretty much on your own ;-)

Still can't see the videos myself.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Still can't see the videos myself.
    All video can viewable, i check it already

does the panel ever get to the ok screen? i was able to see the video this morning. id call mitsubishi, ive personally had several cpu boards fail for no reason on the early mits.ive seen similar screen hang on the fanuc ones from motherboard issues as well. im curious what happened in the pictures though, those clearly show a single line that would indicate a lcd driver board failure.

does the panel ever get to the ok screen? i was able to see the video this morning. id call mitsubishi, ive personally had several cpu boards fail for no reason on the early mits.ive seen similar screen hang on the fanuc ones from motherboard issues as well. im curious what happened in the pictures though, those clearly show a single line that would indicate a lcd driver board failure.
    first

The screen never get ok sinir since bought this machine, always like this, We suspect also meldas side but not sure,
    If lcd driver board failure how it its showing screen Till booting finish?
    Or what?

The moriseiki burn out mý mind

LCD driver board will show the line as in the picture when failed. Thats why I asked if you get any text on the screen, or OK screen. If you get text during boot up (Tiny OS2) then the screen scrambles after boot, that indicates the LCD driver board or a bad driver software in the OS2. If the screen doesn;t scramble and just sits and waits, its something on the Mits side most likely. I would suggest re seating the connectors on the main board first. You MAY ​loose zero return by doing this, but its not hard to get the zero back once the machine boots. You can also try to re-seat the fiber optic board on the mapps panel.

LCD driver board will show the line as in the picture when failed. Thats why I asked if you get any text on the screen, or OK screen. If you get text during boot up (Tiny OS2) then the screen scrambles after boot, that indicates the LCD driver board or a bad driver software in the OS2. If the screen doesn;t scramble and just sits and waits, its something on the Mits side most likely. I would suggest re seating the connectors on the main board first. You MAY ​loose zero return by doing this, but its not hard to get the zero back once the machine boots. You can also try to re-seat the fiber optic board on the mapps panel.

I understand, We Reconnect all board from mori side, That is HR693,( optic cable board) and now there is nothing connect to mori and open the unit like this, still same, its likely lcd driver board broken or mori side bad software, is this meaning?

similar thing happened to my machine. if LCD driver board is bad the machine will still boot up after blindly pressing F2 or F3 (OK) and then the panel will be on.
    Did you try that?
    Is your operator panel lighting up (i.e. LEDs for tool, axis, spindle speed and machine ready lamp?)
    I don't think the LCD is bad. It can only be Mori MAPPS board or Meldas unit.
    You need to check the LEDs on the Meldas and find out the status in the Meldas maintenance manual.