584,805 active members*
5,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Wink Romi-Bridgeport PowerPath 15 users?

Hello,

Just checking out if there is Romi Bridgeport PowerPath 15 users out here, just to share tricks and informations on those lathes. I love the one I have and I know they are pretty rare, about 50 made... That's why I'm here checking for some users.

I also own a Bpt TorqCut 22 that is stil in a new condition with very low hours on it.

If you want to have a discussion on them , just go ahead

Thanks!

just a bump on this thread

we have 1, i know of 1 other in the louisville, ky area. we also have 2 vmc-760/22's.

thanks for the reply, I'll get in touch with you for sure

any other user of the Power Path 15??

power path 15

We have a Power Path at work I use on a regular basis. It's been a great machine for our purposes.
    Dick

Good to see there is still some of those running I'll get in touch with you for sure, I'm looking to get some informations about it.

Thanks for posting! and happy holidays!

I send you another PM Dick, thanks for the reply again!

Anyone else?

Bridgeport PowerPath

I am contemplating buying a PowerPath. I presently have an EZPath S and I realy like it. I know there were very few of the PowerPaths made. I contacted EMI and they said they can furnish parts. What is a good price for one of these? This guy is asking $29,500. For a 97 that to me seems high. Anything I should look out for? Any input would be apreciated.

Thanks, Pete

Make sure it runs under power. Check air filters! This is a good indicator of the type of PM the machine has received. Turret works? Chuck works? Flood coolant works? Spindle sounds OK and will shift gears? Is the CRT clear? Tail stock work? Take a test cut. Make sure turret is on center and it does not cut a taper. Check Hydraulic tanks (yes, there are 2) for color of oil, sediment, etc.
    Does he have all the books? And back up software?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Arrow

$30k for that lathe is a bit high but if it's in great shape it's worth it... very precise machine well build, 95% of the CNC lathes of that size are build weeker than the PPath15 from what I've seen so far. Really like the one I got and it's work perfecly and it's precision is still perfect, no taper and close tolerances can be achieved with it.

Another Bridgeport Power Path 15

The reason I signed up and posted is because we too have a Bridgeport Power Path 15 and I am having problems. I can't get the editor to load. I wonder if I need to reload it or is there some file I can look into to see if it's pointing to the right directory. We had a guy from Masco reload the software and now the editor does not work and I can't find the guy now.

sorry I cant tell you mutch about it since I do not have the software to reinstall everything if you ever have it in hand, would it possible to have a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGTZ View Post
    sorry I cant tell you mutch about it since I do not have the software to reinstall everything if you ever have it in hand, would it possible to have a copy?
    I don't see why not and I'm sure we have it.

Also, if anyone is interested the machine is for sale. We bought it new for one specific job that didn't run very long. For the last 4-5 years we have only fired it up once in a while to keep everything working. It's a great machine we just don't use it. It's in excellent shape with VERY low hours.

We have all the books and a fair amount of tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
    I don't see why not and I'm sure we have it.

Also, if anyone is interested the machine is for sale. We bought it new for one specific job that didn't run very long. For the last 4-5 years we have only fired it up once in a while to keep everything working. It's a great machine we just don't use it. It's in excellent shape with VERY low hours.

We have all the books and a fair amount of tooling.
    Where are you located? we dont need another lathe right now but who knows :P

Thanks!

We are in Camarillo California.

Did he reload DOS? The editor is actually a DOS program.
    Reloading machine software is one thing, but any time there are software issues, I generally check CMOS for the hard drive, Fdisk if need be, format, load DOS and then lastly the machine software and parameters.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    Did he reload DOS? The editor is actually a DOS program.
    Reloading machine software is one thing, but any time there are software issues, I generally check CMOS for the hard drive, Fdisk if need be, format, load DOS and then lastly the machine software and parameters.

George
    George, thanks for the info. I was aware of the editor being DOS and I am not sure why it won't load. It may be as you say in need of a re-load.

When you go to the edit something you see a DOS screen flash for a millisecond then it goes back to the DX-32 control software. I think this weekend I will try to fix it. I wonder if there is a way to reload the DOS editor and not the entire thing?

Oh, was there really only 50 of these built?

There were very few built. I have 3 here in Alabama. The Bridgeport/ROMI Centur 35E was also very rare. Try going to the DOS directory, and getting into edit that way. It may be that the editor software is good but the batch file to call it up is not.

George

Page 1 of 3 123