585,717 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > McamX and HAAS TL2 home on toolchange

McamX and HAAS TL2 home on toolchange

I have a TL2 and MasterCAMX MR2 with post processors from both my reseller and direct from MasterCAM. The problem is whenever a toolchange is called for I get
    With the TL post G28 M05 which sends the machine home. This tends to take a bit of time.
    With the Generic Has 2X post - G28 U0. V0. M05 Again sending the machine home.

I have tried to set the default home position in the tool, in the default, and in the machine in mastercam which kinda leads me to think that the post is forcing a G28. Has anyoneelse ran into this and hopefully found a fix?
    JoelB

I usually end up modifying the posts myself, to my taste. Backup the post first!. Open with notepad. Try and find the toolchange section in the post, look for a line containing what is probably sg28, remove it, try the post again, if it didn't work, try something else. After you modify a few posts, you find that it really isn't that difficult.
    If you try to make everything idiot proof, someone will just breed a better idiot!

If you dont feel comfortable changing your post you can contact your reseller and he can come in and make any changes you want to be done. Toolchanges, where coolant comes on, home postions ...

mcx post

Quote Originally Posted by JoelB View Post
    I have a TL2 and MasterCAMX MR2 with post processors from both my reseller and direct from MasterCAM. The problem is whenever a toolchange is called for I get
    With the TL post G28 M05 which sends the machine home. This tends to take a bit of time.
    With the Generic Has 2X post - G28 U0. V0. M05 Again sending the machine home.

I have tried to set the default home position in the tool, in the default, and in the machine in mastercam which kinda leads me to think that the post is forcing a G28. Has anyoneelse ran into this and hopefully found a fix?
    Hi guy, I have a TL-3 and programmed with mastercam x used this post, check it out, e-mail me, [email protected].

Have a nice day.

Alain
    Attached Files Attached Files