584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone try mach3 with linux/wine

i am curious if anyone has tried mach3 with linux/wine

no good reason just that well i am getting sick of windows crap and have linux on my office computer and hasnt crashed in 2 years and it is even concected to internet constanly and no viruses unlike all my others, just curious think i will try it

anyone now dont be shy

why not try emc2 if your already running linux , its a pretty nice software ,and like most linux you can t beat the price

i guess i could try it, i just already have mach3 and figured if it worked or if i could get tit o work then it mught help alot of people, do u use emc2??
    how do u like it, have u used mach3? if so how do they compare

thanks
    tim

ive been farting around with both
    mach is faster from what i can tell
    ive been working on emc for the past couple of weeks ,it a nice simple but effective software , the problem ive found with it is the fact i used the ubuntu bdi version and ubuntu is a resource hog , ive been trying a few things to optimise the performance ,
    since im new to linux ,it is a learning curve to get everything all sorted out and to find solid resources to collect information from , most anything i find is forums where guys are butting heads on which way is best , so i try this try that reinstall the complete os ever so often when something doesn t work,
    i beleave once i do have it all sorted ill be quite happy with it ,