585,996 active members*
4,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DXF import to coreldraw 12 thick lines

hello everyone, I have purchaced a 1310 laser engraver from salecnc. It uses the coreldraw plugin for coreldraw 12. I have set up the machine and it cuts fine when I make a cutting file directly from coreldraw, but when I import a DXF file to corel it is like some of the lines gets thicker, it seems to be the straight lines that gets thick. The thicker lines are then cut multiple times and the rest only once. hope this make sence and that someone is able to help me.

-Colin

Re: DXF import to coreldraw 12 thick lines

View it in simple wireframe to make sure they are just single lines. If they are, select the whole drawing and go to the pen diagram at the bottom right and double click on it. It will pull up line weights, select "hairline".

If they are multiple lines stacked on top of each other, you'll have to select the duplicates and delete them. Do this in simple wireframe view and zoom in real close to see it.

Hello Colin, this is Nolan from Thunder Laser.
    "when I import a DXF file to corel it is like some of the lines gets thicker, it seems to be the straight lines that gets thick"
    yes, it;s normal, it doesn't matter, you just transform the format and then import it into your software, you still can get the result what you want.
    we use RDC6442 controller and RD worksV8 controller, I don't know which software do you use?
    How to use laser software - Thunderlaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    it doesn't matter, you just transform the format and then import it into your software, you still can get the result what you want.
    we use RDC6442 controller and RD worksV8 controller, I don't know which software do you use?
    How to use laser software - Thunderlaser
    It sure does matter in Coreldraw because Coreldraw sometimes makes multiple lines which translate to extra cutter paths. I find this quite frequently when I import dxf's into Coreldraw to use for my decal cutter. If I don't delete the extra lines, my cam software will go over those same paths over and over because it does not have a "delete multiple paths" function. I've been using CorelDraw for almost 20 years BTW. And for graphic files for engraving, the lines need to be the same width or it will duplicate what you see on the monitor.