585,665 active members*
3,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Can CAMBAM do this:

Can CAMBAM do this:

I've been working my way through the CAMBAM videos but wanted to ask outright from people who have used it.. Also I'm stuck waiting for approval before I can post to the cambam forum!

Tiling.. is that done in a CAD program or CAM program? My machine will be a 4x4 but I know full well I'll have things longer than that. Can CAMBAM handle cutting a part, stopping and being able to finish it after the sheet was moved?

Most items I plan to cut are going to be fairly simple. But I would like to be able to make small diamond pattern "grip" areas on some items. Small, like on the palm of rubber kitchen gloves or a pistol grip. Is this possible? Or is that better done on a more advanced CAD program.

Re: Can CAMBAM do this:

CamBam can do both those operations.

First, machining an area, then moving the part then resume machining can be done by using multiple tool #s in CamBam and having your CNC software set up so it stops the process when a tool number change is ordered. Pretty simple approach but it works well. CamBam also supports 'nesting' which allows you to cut the same part multiple times without having to move the material.

Second, CamBam can replicate/copy/move/align polylines easily which should let you make your diamond patterns. I did the same thing on a pistol grip to create a diamond pattern, even added a circular area in the center of the grip with an inlay initial.

The members on the CamBam forum are very helpful and can answer about any question you have about 'how' to do things and usually very quickly.

Don

Re: Can CAMBAM do this:

Thanks for the info! I just got approved for the CamBam forum today. Already bugging them with some start up issues.