585,906 active members*
3,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Ot reset button

I have a tsugami S16d with a fanuc Ot controller. Is the reset button suppose to stop everything? It does on all the other machines that Ive used before. Currently it does not. The only way to stop a command in MDI is to manually turn it off (read M3 command and then have to use M5 to stop it) or hit the Estop. That makes me a bit nervous. Ive played with parameter 45.1 (I think it was that one, it dealt with the reset button being a clear or reset function) and didn't help. It will hold with the auto stop button but the spindle stays running. I just like the simplicity of the reset being a soft Estop. Just was wondering if it was a parameter I over looked or if it was just this way with these.

Re: Fanuc Ot reset button

there was an almost identical post very recently.
    there are several parameters but also the ladder (and thus MTB) also controls how it behaves.
    check back a few weeks on the Fanuc forum and you will see the old thread about it.

Is this the post you were thinking of? http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...ns-change.html

I went back to about November of last year and couldnt find anything that stated an actual fix. The post mentioned above never really gave a final solution and its a different controller than what I have. I have contacted REM for a keep relay list if they can get it to me. Now I play the waiting game. I dont like running this machine this way. Seems unsafe.

The CNC has no control over the spindle rotating. It is all handled in the PMC (Ladder) You need to have the ladder modified to make reset stop the spindle.

So I'm basically stuck with it unless I remove the chip decode the ladder and modify it?

Hmm. Sounds fun.

I swear I remember reading a guy post about having two of the same machines and one would stop the spindle and whatnot with reset while the other didn't. I'm pretty sure they were tsugamis as well. I was hoping it would just be an input in the ladder that someone had forced.

Anyone know of what software to use and what chip? I remember reading its an EEPROM.. but as far as location in the actual cabinet. No clue.

The ladder is normally in EPROMs on the older Fanucs inside a small yellow plastic box
    To change it you need Fanuc Ladder III software and then I believe some kind of special Fanuc EPROM writer or something.
    Probably easiest to get a professional company in to do the job (or just use it as-is)