585,744 active members*
4,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Looking for uses of Dolphin CADCAM

Looking for uses of Dolphin CADCAM

I'm currently looking at Dolphin CADCAM anyone using it what are your thoughts?

Paul,

I was looking on their website today and it looks good. What type of work do you need to do 2D, 2.5D, 3D, 4 or 5 Axis?

The Level 2 Milling looks like it has Parametric Programming Capabilities simular to Mastercam. The price is also the same as Full 3D OneCNC at $6500. OneCNC looks prettier though.

Have you tried the Dolphin CAD/CAM demo at all?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

A place in Illinois call Shopware inc had sold this software try them
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

Shopware is a Mastercam dealer not a Dolphin CAD/CAM Dealer.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Jay Im sorry I did not mention that, they are a Mastercam reseller as well.
    www.cad2cam.net

Thay are only a Mastercam and not a Dolphin CAD/CAM Dealer I am not sure were you are getting this from.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Are you sure CADCAM I was AE there and at the time they sold both softwares Mastercam and Dolphin cam. That is where I'm getting it from. Maybe they no longer carry it I don't know I just mentioned to try there, they may know where to go to get it.
    www.cad2cam.net

I took Dolphin classes at ShopWare. The guy came in from England (I think his name was Andre) and we spent 3 days with him on Mill Lathe & Wire EDM. We were activly trying to sell Dolphin at the time Steve mentioned. Actually Greg and I were partners in a company specficaly started to sell Dolphin. The idea was to sell it to people who couldn't afford Mastercam.

Regardless, Dolphin is a nice package for the money. The programmers were responsive to changes. The post was pretty understandable. They were working on a 3D machining package last time I played with it. It had some nice features and it was fast.

Like I said, nice package for the money.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

I use Dolphin CAM, but find the CAD a little hard to understand, however that might be because I'm used to AtoCAD, so I AutoCAD it, export to dxf, import into Dolphin and post process it that way.. works fine.

As I say, it might just be me that finds the CAD hard to get my head round.
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

The CAD seems to get very good response. It is considered by most very simple to use. That's alot of the feedback that has come in. It may just take a little hurdle to hop over since you are so used to Autocad.