585,712 active members*
4,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Pathpilot (1.5) Network Share Access (Mac versus Windows)

Pathpilot (1.5) Network Share Access (Mac versus Windows)

I can successfully access the Pathpilot (1.5) "gcode" network share on a windows machine. However, I cannot authenticate to it via mac (osx 10.10.3) using the same credentials (operator/pcnc) . The gcode share is visible on the network share on the mac. Has anyone had success?

Thanks,

-Nick

Re: Pathpilot (1.5) Network Share Access (Mac versus Windows)

Not a direct solution, but I use Dropbox with my LinuxCNC controller and haven't had any issues with it. Not sure how thoroughly tormach buttons up the system but it is an easy install onto Ubuntu otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by sansbury View Post
    Not a direct solution, but I use Dropbox with my LinuxCNC controller and haven't had any issues with it. Not sure how thoroughly tormach buttons up the system but it is an easy install onto Ubuntu otherwise.
    It appears Tormach has it pretty locked down. The Dropbox workaround would be ideal, just not sure how I would install it. I can get to firefox but I can't do too much else.

It's an ordinary Samba share if that helps any. There should be instructions on the web for talking to one with a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    It's an ordinary Samba share if that helps any. There should be instructions on the web for talking to one with a Mac.
    Yes, I know it is a samba share and I know how to connect to regular samba shares (I have others). This is specific to the pathpilot share which I cannot connect to.

how are you getting to firefox from pathpilot?

Quote Originally Posted by nickfabb View Post
    It appears Tormach has it pretty locked down. The Dropbox workaround would be ideal, just not sure how I would install it. I can get to firefox but I can't do too much else.
    I would like to use a speed feed web utility from the pathpilot machine but have not seen how to use a browser?
    May I ask how you have gotten this working? Thanks in advance..

Re: how are you getting to firefox from pathpilot?

Quote Originally Posted by ericnary View Post
    I would like to use a speed feed web utility from the pathpilot machine but have not seen how to use a browser?
    May I ask how you have gotten this working? Thanks in advance..
    Ok, so I figured out how to get my ideal situation working (dropbox on the tormach controller with pathpilot) .

Use at your own risk, it could be too much cpu overhead for all I know.

Open the gcode editor, go to help menu, get help online. Now you have firefox for your use. Download dropbox for ubuntu, 32 bit, let it extract. Install dropbox. (admin password if needed is operator).

FWIW I've used Dropbox and FF with my LinuxCNC-controlled 1100 (running a low-spec $200 Atom PC) for 18 months and haven't had any issues. I'd imagine with a slightly better PC and the Mesa board handling stepgen that it would be even less likely to fault.