Hello all!

I have been having problems with this machine stalling since the day I bought it. I first thought it was the large router that was mounted, being too heavy to lift. So I changed the router. Then I thought it was the linear bearings, so I changed them. Still had issues. NEXT I just got fed up and replaced the old electronics thinking surly that would fix any issues. The machine had old 280 Oz stepper motors which I replaced with 425 oz motors from Automation Technologies. After all of this the machine STILL stalls if its ran over about 30 in/min.

So through all of this I have come to the conclusion that the ball screws are too fine. When running the motor drivers at 1/8 micro step, I have to set the machine to 20000 steps per rev. I believe that makes the motors turn too fast, making them lose torque and stall the machine.

I think I need some kind of gearing reducer which I have found but they are extremely expensive at almost $300 a piece.

Does anyone have some laying around or another option I could look into?

Also, I have the machine for sale in the classifieds section if that helps. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/classi...-screws-179692