585,996 active members*
4,622 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Partoff Blade Tool Holders

Partoff Blade Tool Holders

We have a partoff blade holder from velocity but its only .16 wide and we are wanting to use a blade that is .250. does anyone know another brand that offers wider blade holder? what do you do when you have to part off larger diameter materials?

Re: Partoff Blade Tool Holders

Iscar make the best parting tools and they have a wide range of holders and blades. check them out at www.iscar.com

Exsys has a kick butt cutoff blade system. It uses Iscar blades too. Which machine are you on?

we are using an iscar partoff blade but the holder is from velocity. it bolts directly to the turret and is L shaped to allow the spindles to get closer together without interference. our machine is an LB3000EX MWY. but like I said, the space for the blade is only .16 wide and we are wanting to use a .25 wide tool.

I believe the Exsys can handle the thicker blade.

Best regards,

I checked them out and I only saw a holder for a blade 26mm tall. the blade we are using now is 32mm tall and 6mm wide

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    Iscar make the best parting tools and they have a wide range of holders and blades. check them out at ISCAR Cutting Tools - Metal Working Tools - Precision Carbide Metal Working Tools - Metal Cutting Applications
    +1

we have Iscar blades and a holder. im looking for a cutoff tool station that mounts to the turret and only holds a cut off blade. the holder is L shaped and bolts directly to the turret. I work very close with my Iscar rep and they do not offer what im looking for. Velocity has one but not quite what im looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Exsys has a kick butt cutoff blade system. It uses Iscar blades too. Which machine are you on?
    its an LB3000EX MWY. I checked out Exsys but the only holder I found for this machine will only hold a 26mm tall blade and we are using 32mm tall and 6mm wide

Why would you want a thick blade, i mean the LB has what, a 3" through bore? Just get a .125 with coolant feed through and never look back.

ya it does but anything bigger than 4" OD is too much for the blades we have been using. that's why we got a thicker blade

check out WTO. they make tool holders that bolt directly to turrets, including L-shaped part-off holders. http://www.wto-usa.com