585,712 active members*
4,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > LV error on Spindle Start 2.2kw watercooled

LV error on Spindle Start 2.2kw watercooled

Hello,

I just recieved my new hyunyang 2.2kw water cooled spindle and VFD.

I hooked it all up, set all the correct parameters but when I start the spindle it starts for maybe 2 seconds then errors out with a LV error.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Re: LV error on Spindle Start 2.2kw watercooled

Tewpawn

What parameters did you use, & how have you wired the input wiring, photo etc of wiring
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Tewpawn

What parameters did you use, & how have you wired the input wiring, photo etc of wiring
    Hello mate,

I'm at work at the moment so photos won't be possible but I will try to explain it. I live in Australia so it is all hooked up to 240v input power.

I have my active and neutral on R and S and earth wire going to 9 for the input. My spindle is hooked up to prong 1, 2 and 3 going to U, V and W on the inverter.

I have checked to make sure that the spindle is wired that way too (I heard that's sometimes a problem)

The parameters I got off another post, I used: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindles-vfd/117782-huanyang-chinese-vfd-settings-manual.html

Some possible solutions that I could come up with is bridging my active to R and S and putting neutral on T or running an earth from the spindle to the inverter? I'm only new to this so I'm not 100% confident.

Cheers for any help!

Tewpawn

R & S is correct & ( E or 9 in some cases )for Ground wire, do not put a jumper or anything or you will smoke the Drive, have you used my settings, or some other settings, you must run/have a Earth/Ground from the spindle to the Drive connected to the same Ground terminal that the input Ground is connected to, shielded cable for the spindle to VFD is best, for this type of install, so you need a 4 wire cable with a shield

How many amps is your input supply capable of, try starting the spindle with the pot turned down

You need to use my settings as some of the others that have posted settings, are incomplete
    Mactec54

Tewpawn

R & S is correct & ( E or 9 in some cases )for Ground wire, do not put a jumper or anything or you will smoke the Drive, have you used my settings, or some other settings, you must run/have a Earth/Ground from the spindle to the Drive connected to the same Ground terminal that the input Ground is connected to, shielded cable for the spindle to VFD is best, for this type of install, so you need a 4 wire cable with a shield

How many amps is your input supply capable of, try starting the spindle with the pot turned down

You need to use my settings as some of the others that have posted settings, are incomplete
    Hello mate,

I think that might be my problem. I will have to run an earth and try again. I looked under the plug and the 4th pin isn't attached to anything so I may have to put a little wire under the spindle cap to a screw in the spindle? (Hopefully)

My input supply is 10amp. And I did use all the parameters.

I'll give the earth wire a go tonight and let you know!

Tewpawn

Your input is to low, you will need a minimum of 15amps 20amps would be better to be safe, the Ground/Earth wire won't be causing your problem, but you need this to be safe, yes you need to attach a Ground/Earth wire inside the cap, or on the outside will work also, make sure your O'Rings are sealing well

As I said try starting it with the pot turned right down, then slowly increase the speed
    Mactec54

Hey mate,

I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and give it a go. Hopefully that will be my problem!

I'll let you know.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tewpawn View Post
    I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and give it a go. Hopefully that will be my problem!
    Check your parameters also, Here are the parameters you need set

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220/240

PD011=120 (Minimum Setting 120)

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps) (Set for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp Max)
    (Set for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp Max)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)
    Mactec54

Tewpawn

You can also try R & T plus Earth/Ground on the input but no jumpers, if this does not run at your work you may have a faulty drive
    Mactec54

Tewpawn

You can also try R & T plus Earth/Ground on the input but no jumpers, if this does not run at your work you may have a faulty drive
    I think I may have a faulty drive. I tried on 15amp power and still the same problem. I will get in touch with the person I bought it off and see if I can get it replaced.

Thanks for your help!