585,978 active members*
4,099 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problems With Demo of Deskam

Hey guys, I am looking at all options of CNC control software at the moment. I downloaded the demo of Deskam and installed it. When I try to run it it comes up to the register or cancle window. I thought this was a Demo? Well I have clicked everything, It comes up then shuts down like I clicked out of the software no mater what comp I install it on.
    Anyone have this problem? Maby there is an older version there that I can try out. The deskart demo comes up just fine.
    Thanks Steve

i may be wrong but i beleave you need their hardware to make it work

I thought that later. Oh well.

no not true, the software will run but the buttons to run the machine are grayed out. only thing i can think is if you or someone in the past had installed a version of it that has timed out. i believe that once one demo has timed out future attempts at running any deskcnc demo will fail.

DeskCNC demo

The demo is fully functional and runs for 30 days, it is possible that if you installed it previously then your 30 days would be up. Make sure you download from www.deskcnc.com and if you still have trouble, send a mail to [email protected] and they will send you an additional 15 days trial.

Cheers

This was a fresh install on a new computer. This laptop has no lpt port so I thought that was the problem. Nope, I installed it on a desktop pc and still no luck either. Never been installed on either pc before.
    Steve

DeskCNC com port or USB

Hi,

DeskCNC requires a COM port or USB port, this is why it offers a genuine 125kHz step rate. No LPT required.:nono:

Greg