Hi guys,

I've been retrofitting my bridgeport mill for some time now and I'm struggling to choose a motion controller to go with. If I were to stick with mach3 / 4 then I'd want ethernet control. I've been looking at the following:

CS Labs CSMIO/IP-M: I really like the look of the stuff from cs labs. To be honest though at this stage I could only afford to go for the CSMIO/IP-M with the addition of the MPG add on. The only drawback with this system and my setup is that as far as I can tell there is no feedback for spindle speed supported?? Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? If it is true then would it be possible to input this by some other method in mach and use the CSMIO/IP-M to adjust the ref voltage to my vfd? There are a couple of other features that I'd have liked in the "M" package too, but are only available in the bigger "S" and "A" packages. I really like that the system is 24v in inputs and outputs, makes it more robust and industry standard.

Ethernet smooth stepper: This seems a very popular choice especially coupled with the pmdx 126 board. With the added pmdx 107 spindle board it works out a bit more expensive than the cs labs package I'm looking at and certainly seems a more complicated and messy setup.

I wonder if anyone could offer any advice on which to go for or offer any alternatives I might have missed?

Thanks