Purdue University (in West Lafayette, not Calumet) from 1986 through 1999~2000 had a CADLAB working on developing CAD CAM and machine tool operation at Purdue University West Lafayette's Engineering Research Center for Intelligent Manufacturing Systems.

Their programs at the end of it were QTC: Quick Turnaround Cell, last demonstrated with a proLIGHT PLM-2000 mill. GRAFIC: Multiplatform Interactive Graphics Package. TWIN: Multiplatform Faceted BREP Solid Modeler. From what I've been able to find, part of it was the course ME573, Interactive Computer Graphics.

A remnant of the website is still at Purdue University CADLAB The Web Archive has some, last valid archive in 2002 but most everything is dated 1999.

Some information on the QTC is mirrored here http://www.graco.unb.br/alvares/DOUT...roduction.html Such a tantalizing look at control software for the proLIGHT PLM-2000 mill that *isn't a DOS program*.

But due to one little robots.txt file in the root of the FTP server, the web archive saved NONE of the software or documentation that was on it. I did find a copy of that file and it explicitly permitted archiving and indexing 'robots' but archive.org's crawler doesn't read the contents of robots.txt, it just ignores everything in the directory with that file and all below it.

My quest is to recover and get released the software developed by the Purdue CADLAB, preferably with source code. Having it available for study by the open source CAC/CAM and CNC community should be very beneficial, despite that last work on it being 15~16 years old.