543,964 active members*
2,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Ezilathe, a useful aid to lathe programming.
Page 8 of 8 678

Re: Ezilathe, a useful aid to lathe programming.

CNC lathe programming software is used to create toolpaths through G-code to operate computer numerical control (CNC) lathe machines. This allows for machine automation, where the machine cuts a part to the specifications of the input code.
    Visit https://www.sevenmentor.com/java-tra...es-in-pune.php

Registered

Rengan77

I would find auto clearing the selections very annoying if I select a different tool, usually I would not want the selections cleared. If I do, the Clear selections button is available.
    When changing operation, selections are cleared IF they are invalidated. For example changing cut direction, as they will always need re-selecting.

Snehalharshe

And your point is ??

Hi Stutank,

Noted on the clearing explanation. I was probably looking at only one angle. Anyway I will play around more and feedback on the operations. I finally decided on the enclosure lid that mimics industrial cnc lathe (photos attached)

Btw regarding thread cutting features (refer to attached photos), for a sample M6x1 thread, A comparison between a reference table and Ezilathe threading feature, I noticed there are some difference between the the table (reference) 1st to 5th passes. The final pass is similar ~ 0.06 mm and also the depth of thread is different. Just wondering is my reference table in correct or there some setting that I am not entering correctly in Ezilathe ?

thanks
    rengan

Registered

Rengan77

Ezilathe data comes from Machinery handbook, and has been checked a number of times.
    Your data sheet refers to Inserts dedicated to a particular pitch in this case MMT16ER100ISO for 1.00 pitch only.
    This thread profile has a Flat of 0.1443mm at the root of the thread, and this is reflected in the charted values.
    You have Ezilathe set for non-std shortening of 0.00 flat (i.e. a sharp Vee tool).
    Set to Standard shortening to see the effect (Gives same depth of thread 0.6134mm)
    Also Ezilathe set for Flank Infeed - Constant Volume, not Radial infeed, so the intermediate cuts are even more different.
    Mach3 only uses Flank infeed - Constant Volume - Very Wise.

Hi Stutank,

Thank you for your reply and clarification. Please don't get me wrong, I trust the data in Ezilathe. I was just wondering how to make sense of it and where I need to get the correct information. I am merely a novice when comes to machining, I cherish your knowledge and experience and always open to learning from you sir. I recently acquired SER1010H11 + 11ER AG 60 Insert. Can you share how to setup this tool on Ezilathe ?

thanks
    rengan

Registered

Rengan77
    Your 11ERAG60 is a full 60 deg insert (No Flat or Rad on Tip). setup in screwcutting with Non-Standard Shortening of Zero (As you had it setup originally)
    Check tool 11 from the sample tool list (Screwcut External 60 deg) it is a 16ERAG60 insert.
    Most settings are obvious, but Max cutting Depth entered as 3 sets the tool projected width, useful when cutting up to a shoulder.
    16 size is 1.75 leading edge to tip (1/2 measured width of 60 deg profile). Projected width 1.75 divided by Tan(30) = 3.031.
    I do not have 11ERAG60, only 11IRAG60 that measures 0.8 Projected width.

All the above does not effect screwcutting, only the visualization in the Simulator, you can see when you are clear of any shoulders etc.

Hope this is what you need.

Page 8 of 8 678