585,679 active members*
5,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VF power supply

I've got a '97 VF4 i've recently purchased and had issues with. I had ran a fairly X-axis intensive program through unattended. When I came back to the shop I find my machine shut down completely. I reset the breaker at the panel and power the machine up and have an alarm 157 mocon watchdog fault. I do some looking and found the fuse open on X servo amp. I pull it out and open it up and find it fried pretty bad. I did some troubleshooting and testing and found that i've got +5v and +12v from my lvps but it has lost it's -12v output. I swapped my A-axis amp to X and that didn't change anything. Now come my questions. The machine has a condor sp1730 power supply,but I have read about guys using a standard atx power supply with some soldering. What does this actually entail to make it work? Also,when I go to replace my servo amp for A,does it have to be the exact same number? All 4 axis had 4015H-H but I can't find one online anywhere. What is the difference with other numbered amps? All help is appreciated.

Re: VF power supply

Anyone?

Re: VF power supply

Quote Originally Posted by 01z28auto View Post
    I've got a '97 VF4 i've recently purchased and had issues with. I had ran a fairly X-axis intensive program through unattended. When I came back to the shop I find my machine shut down completely. I reset the breaker at the panel and power the machine up and have an alarm 157 mocon watchdog fault. I do some looking and found the fuse open on X servo amp. I pull it out and open it up and find it fried pretty bad. I did some troubleshooting and testing and found that i've got +5v and +12v from my lvps but it has lost it's -12v output. I swapped my A-axis amp to X and that didn't change anything. Now come my questions. The machine has a condor sp1730 power supply,but I have read about guys using a standard atx power supply with some soldering. What does this actually entail to make it work? Also,when I go to replace my servo amp for A,does it have to be the exact same number? All 4 axis had 4015H-H but I can't find one online anywhere. What is the difference with other numbered amps? All help is appreciated.
    There are different revisions of the AC servo amp, but you can use anything up to the latest version including the Smart Amps.
    Part Details | HaasParts.com
    Call your dealer to confirm p/n before ordering.

Your p-supply question was answered in a different thread.

Good luck!

I figured I'd come back here and let everyone know the outcome. I bought the replacement power supply to match what I had,and when installed had the same issue as my old one which was no -12v. I ended up bench testing the supply and it it was sending out the -12v signal but something was causing it to drop out. Long story short,I found a bad diode and led on the main power supply pcb. I replaced those parts and it was back up and running. Thanks for the help.