584,857 active members*
4,728 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Lost Machine and Post Processor lists in Post Process

Lost Machine and Post Processor lists in Post Process

Hi, Can you tell me how to get my machine and post processor lists back into their windows in the Post Processor window? When I try to select either the drop down only says none. I cannot post anything. Also the inch tool crib doesn't show up in tool selection it defaults to metric, and to find inch I must type in the entire path. I tried reinstalling but it didn't work. This all happened after a crash with a large file. Thanks, Mike

Re: Lost Machine and Post Processor lists in Post Process

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-26_14-10-36.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	274154
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks, some machines are there. there are no postprocessors in the post processor folder. where do I get them?
    Nothing seems to stick. When I go into post I can't get machines or post processors, and it won't let me search for them.There are no defaults or choices. everything used to be there, now there is nothing.

Did you have custom posts? If so, hopefully you made a backup of them and you can copy them back in. Ditto for custom machine files. Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I have copies of all my customizations for Rhino and madCAM in at least 4 different places, including off-site.

I would suggest re-installing madCAM to get the proper files back in place. It's odd that you lost the files in that C:\ProgramData folder. A re-install is quick and easy, and might be the best solution.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks, it worked this time. I had to get the folder locations into place, they didn't set up with the re-installation, but it seems to be working. Thanks again.

Okay, good.

I have the same problem. The files are fine, but in Options..Machine, the Tool Library and Post Processor locations can't be saved. In the Post Processor dialog, there are no Post Processor choices.