585,981 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > SOLVED: V13MillPro simulation error every time. Have post selected and PUN file.

SOLVED: V13MillPro simulation error every time. Have post selected and PUN file.

For the 3d Sim to work you must have Windows7 Sorry XP.... is DEAD Jim! ;-)
    from the FAQs: ModuleWorks Simulation will only operate on Windows 7 or better.

I am having something odd happen. I am finally done w/ the new Centroid based SuperMax mill. Getting into our first hobby project here and I'm getting something new I never encountered before. I run my part simulation ok. I use the mach3 ppr file for now... (other post on which ppr for Centroid is below this one). I have setup my tool in my own toolfile and put into the Mill default. It errors on both.

the Error:
    Anytime I attempt to run the new "Simulation" I get the following error:
    "There are not suitable Machine tools setups available".
    "You need at least one Milling post-processor to generate the simulation data in order to run the Moduleworks CNC Simulation Program"

Yikes-

SOLVED: V13MillPro simulation error every time. Have post selected and PUN file.

I did a 'repair' reinstall of all modules- Setup a new tool file. Made a very simple "pocket" operation and ran both the local simulator and then generated a mach3 pun file. Attempted to then run the 3d Simulator and get the same error. Calling in a night gang!
    CG.

SOLVED V13MillPro simulation error every time. Have post selected and PUN file.

Yeah... This is XP. Opps! after my HD crash I reloaded onto an older XP. Moving V13 onto Win7 now!
    Will update if this solved the issue.
    CG

Re: SOLVED V13MillPro simulation error every time. Have post selected and PUN file.

I'm having the exact same issues. I ran an older version of Dolphin on Windows XP for several years, while VERY buggy, it did work. I was able to work around all the bugs in the software and make some parts.

Then I get a call from the sales guy about the new and improved Version 13. I bit, and now I'm regretting spending the money. WARNING, Version 13 will not work on Windows XP. The Simulation fails to load, and has errors. The CAD side crashes every single time you switch between the CAD and CAM, and this is the case with any operating system you use. These are the 2 biggest problems, but I do have a complete of other issues with the program. Then I finally got a call from support, and they told me "Sorry, the program does not work on XP, you'll need to have Windows 7 for it to work". So my current options as of now: Install Windows 7, get a new computer, or find a different CAD/CAM software that works.

We're a production shop, so having machines down is effecting of lively hood. Hey Dolphin, check and test your software BEFORE you release it!

Quote Originally Posted by countryguy View Post

Yeah... This is XP. Opps! after my HD crash I reloaded onto an older XP. Moving V13 onto Win7 now!
    Will update if this solved the issue.
    CG

Re: SOLVED V13MillPro simulation error every time. Have post selected and PUN file.

Quote Originally Posted by thompson_chop View Post
    We're a production shop, so having machines down is effecting of lively hood. Hey Dolphin, check and test your software BEFORE you release it!
    Dolphin DOES indeed work on Windows XP. Moduleworks, which is a 3rd party world class simulation is where the issue is. We are one of many CAD/CAM providers that offer ModuleWorks. Furthermore, Windows XP is 14 years old. Technology does go forward. Microsoft seized all support with XP, so it's hard to work around missing files, directories, etc that they no longer support.

Again, Dolphin works fine on XP; it's only the Simulation that has issues.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin USA View Post
    Dolphin DOES indeed work on Windows XP. Moduleworks, which is a 3rd party world class simulation is where the issue is. We are one of many CAD/CAM providers that offer ModuleWorks. Furthermore, Windows XP is 14 years old. Technology does go forward. Microsoft seized all support with XP, so it's hard to work around missing files, directories, etc that they no longer support.

Again, Dolphin works fine on XP; it's only the Simulation that has issues.
    OK, I recant. After many struggles during installation with missing components and .dll files, we were able to install it on XP and process some jobs. We also bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 7 and the Simulation does work. But we are still having constant crashes every time we switch between the CAD module and the CAM module. Any solutions?

The fix for the CAD to CAM issues was due to come out sometime in the next week or so according to a post I placed last week. If I hear of anything I'll post here. What I do not know is if we need to dload the full package and re-request keys or if it'll install some type of Patch. I do not recall if there is a way to grab updates from the product menus?