585,919 active members*
3,370 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Commercial Laser > Redsail Laser > A warning about the redsail x700 60w machines on ebay right now.

Threaded View

A warning about the redsail x700 60w machines on ebay right now.

So here are a few warnings about the redsail 60w x700 machines on eBay right now. I've worked on a lot of laser cutters out there and this one is no different. 1st I'll tell you the good things. The frame and case is pretty good and the shipping crate is well made and plenty of foam to protect it. They are using linear rails and belt drives. The control panel is the updated color version with a hidden ethernet connection that is functional. The machine and all the accessories are 110v right out of the box. Mine came without needing to be focused. With a new power supply and some modifications you can install a larger tube. The Z axis is open and its easy for material to fall through which will help keep the honeycomb clean. While it does take about 20 screws to be removed you can take the base off the machine and it can easily fit through a narrow door. If you buy it from any of the eBay sellers in Ontario, California (They are all the same people) then it is shipping from a place in the USA and they do ship quickly and you will get tracking.

The bad news
    1. The tube they ship it with isn't actually a 60w tube. Mine came marked as a 55w but has the dimensions of a 50w. However the power supply is a 60w and it cuts like a 50w tube.
    2. The focus lens came already chipped and flaking off.
    3. The ad showed that a cw-3000 chiller was included but instead they shipped it with an aquarium pump. They would not ship me the right chiller.
    4. Beware of their wiring. Mine came with 22 gauge wiring for all the power. So I rewired mine with some 18 gauge since the wires were melting on day 1.
    5. They run the main power for the laser/control and 3 plugs on the back through the E-Stop which after only 1hr of running more than over loaded it and melted it into a nice pile of plastic. Which you can see in the picture.
    6. Not a big deal but the z-axis is a non-stepper motor so while it is powered it is not capable of doing auto focus. However with a proximity switch, stepper driver and nema 23 motor you could rig one up.
    7. If you replace the tube you will need to adjust the optics and mount up since the y-axis motor gets in the way. Check to picture.

So be warned that you should expect to do a tube upgrade, a little rewiring and get a real chiller if you get one of these machines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8937.jpg   IMG_8938.jpg   IMG_8939.jpg   IMG_8940.jpg  

x700.jpg