584,874 active members*
5,120 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Hitachi Seiki crazy Z axis!

Hello people,

I have this old Hitachi Seiki Model 4NE-600 that has a alarm 420 (Z servo) 00015 n0015. When I try to reset the alarm the servo starts running for a second and the alarms come up again. I think I may have to set some parameter on the Z drive to correct the limit on that axis. Actually I have that alarm too. Z drive over limit.

How can I resolve this problem guys?

Regards,

H.Zayas

OK, I finally got to write the parameters, what parameter should be entered as default????

are your sure you need to be playing with the parameters , has someone done something to change them,
    sounds to me like you may be packed up with chips around your limit switches or they're sticking

Arrow Reply

Well, the limit switches are working fine. After an incident we had with the machine, the Z motor was replaced and the Z axis controller board too. After the fix (replacements), the only thing that the machine does is showing this alarm. As I said before, when I reset the alarm, the Z motors starts traveling very fast for one second and then the alarm shows up again. I remember that I had a similar problem with a milling machine before and it was fixed setting the limit parameters.

PS: Actually the parameter is 1347 on the line 083. What # is supposed to be in this line?