585,902 active members*
4,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any information on this ebay laser?

I have been wanting to get one of the 50 Watt chinese Ebay lasers like this one:

50W USB Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Laser ENGRAVER Cutter with Chiller | eBay

Then a few days ago several of these 60 watt were posted for only a few hundred more:

110V 60W USB Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Laser ENGRAVER Cutter CE FDA | eBay

I am not sure how these are different aside from the obvious features of size and stronger laser. Th blue one has had good reviews here as a good cheap laser. I have not seen anyone mention the red one and wanted to ask if anyone has purchased one?

Thanks.

Re: Any information on this ebay laser?

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNSFN2 View Post
    50W USB Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Laser ENGRAVER Cutter with Chiller | eBay

This is 40W laser, not 50W. Entry level machine.

110V 60W USB Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Laser ENGRAVER Cutter CE FDA | eBay

This one looks better also it is not 60W. Max 50W and i do not see a word about workin area size.
    Regards
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

How can you tell about the true power of the machines? They say they are 50 watt and 60 watt tubes. Are you saying 40 and 50 watts because you don't want to run them at 100%?

How can you tell about the true power of the machines? They say they are 50 watt and 60 watt tubes. Are you saying 40 and 50 watts because you don't want to run them at 100%?
    No. Because I know that 700mm long laser is not 40W but 32-33W when new from factory.
    40W laser must be 800-850mm long.
    50W laser must be about 1000mm long

Ok. Understood. I looked a few 60 watt tubes on Ebay and other sites and they are longer than the machine. So do you think they are talking about the power supply being 60 watt?

It looks like it has all the other features I am looking for and it has a larger table. Just not sure about which one though.

Ok. Understood. So do you think they are talking about the power supply being 60 watt?
    No, they just lie to sell better.

the red machine has larger work area, ~700x500 if i'n not mistaken. vs. the SH-350 being ~500x300

How can you tell about the true power of the machines?
    by looking at the sticker on the tube - the ones advertized as "50W" will have a figure of 32 on sticker. that way it looks superior to the expensive local built machines, you buy it and only then find out the actual power output. i'm not sure if performance difference of those quasy 60W is that much apparent from 50W. from prsonal experience changing from 720mm tube to 800mm i see almost no difference

Thanks for the feedback. If I buy this one then I should expect around 50 Watt and maybe regular working power of 40 watt since I know you don't run these at 100 percent.

I think that I will want to upgrade the power supply and tube at some point to a real 60 watt or maybe even an 80. Do you guys see this as somewhat impossible or is it feasible?

Hello BROWNSFN, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, hope my suggestion can help you.
    even though the length of laser tube is longer than machine, it still can install that laser tube, because they can install the extend protection case in the machine, please see the picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HS7_Y9LT9U{JM4ICNPD0$GI.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	484.2 KB 
ID:	274950

Yep. I understand they have that extension but it was not pictured on that one that I listed so I assumed that the laser tube they included is no longer than the main part of the machine. I went ahead and ordered it because it is what I can afford and is in the US. Maybe I will be surprised. If not it is no concern. I ordered what was pictured and can upgrade later if it does not meet my needs. Thanks for the response Nolan!

I was looking at the same laser, waiting to see how it works out for you. Please update when you receive it. Thanks.

BROWNSFN2 where are you located. I am from Medina OH and have a so called 60 watt unit that looks like the blue one with a tube extension.

I am near Columbus. I have seen those blue ones with the tube extension. I went ahead and bought the red one. I think it is a Redsail x700 or a clone of that. I am sure now the output can't be much more than 50. The table size being larger, motorize, and including a honeycomb was enough to step up to the larger unit. I will post here when I get it.

Did your machine arrive yet? Anything to report re: how it was advertised vs. what you actually got?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Take a look at this one it seems to be better(well, it have a motorized bed and a bigger working area 600*400).

Rorary Axis Equiped 50w Co2 Mini Laser Engraver - Buy Co2 Mini Laser Engraver,Laser Engraver Product on Alibaba.com