584,817 active members*
4,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

simple question about Milltronics vm15

I do IT support for a manufacturer. I have been tasked with networking a Milltronics vm15 machine running on DOS, so they can upload/download files from/to it. They had their CNC support company physically install the network card in the machine. I wasnt there when it was done, and they left no documentation.

I just need to know how to exit out of the cnc software to a DOS prompt so I can configure the networking.

thanks

Re: simple question about Milltronics vm15

Quote Originally Posted by e1mariem View Post
    I do IT support for a manufacturer. I have been tasked with networking a Milltronics vm15 machine running on DOS, so they can upload/download files from/to it. They had their CNC support company physically install the network card in the machine. I wasnt there when it was done, and they left no documentation.

I just need to know how to exit out of the cnc software to a DOS prompt so I can configure the networking.

thanks
    There are several ways, you can press F-8 right before auto-exec takes effect and follow the prompts using common sense and tell it not to start cnc. If it is already powered up, go to "PARAM" , "SETUP", type "PROTO3", press enter, level 3, enter again, then a DOS key will become active. At this point you can either press the DOS key and exit the CNC into DOS, or escape out to the main menu and go to "DISPLAY" and enter the SHELL, if you enter the shell you can return to the cnc by typing exit at any point. Just remember, most changes won't take effect until a power cycle or at least running auto-exec again.

Re: simple question about Milltronics vm15

thanks for your help. I'm obviously a cnc noob