I have a fairly simple EDM drill (Hole Popper) that I am installing in my home shop. No CNC capabilities on this machine. The machine runs off of 240VAC 3-phase. I only have 240 single phase available. I would ideally like to install a Phase Perfect unit to power it, but don't have the funds to do so at the moment. My next choice would be to run it off of a rotary phase converter but I am concerned about the un-balanced phase angles of the power from the RFC messing up the electronics in my machine.

I did a bit of looking around inside the control cabinet for the EDM and found that the 3-phase goes into a 3-phase transformer where there are multiple taps leading to two 3-phase bridge rectifiers to create two different high voltage DC supplies for the EDM machining process. The entire rest of the machine is being powered off of two legs of the 3-phase and the neutral.

So here are my questions:
- With the phase angles of 3-phase power from an RFC being roughly 180°, 90°, and 90° instead of balanced 120°, what kind of efficiency loss would I see at my rectifiers and how much lower would my DC output be?
- Would the rest of the machine be safe if I were to make sure that I pulled off of the two utility legs of the 3-phase and the neutral?

This question may be better suited for a more electrical oriented website, but I thought I would try here first since I like you all! Thanks!