585,917 active members*
3,617 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > PlasmaCam > 9mm SMG Project using PlasmaCAM/DesignEDGE

9mm SMG Project using PlasmaCAM/DesignEDGE

Project: 9mm Wannabe Sub Machine Gun (semi-auto variant).

With $6 worth of tube from the hardware store, and a few other household items, I am set to make a semi auto version of a 9mm machine pistol.

With just a few more parts to fabricate and perhaps a little cosmetic work, we should have a fully functioning semi-auto firearm in no time thanks to the Plasmacam system and Designedge software.

The upper receiver's ejection port, magazine well and bolt handle slot as well as the slots for the lower receiver were all cut with great precision with nothing other than the Plasmacam.

Attachment 275084

The bend line conversion feature found within the Designedge software, allows you to create slotted cut paths so that you know exactly where to fold your material.This was a big help in creating a fold pattern that I could precisely bend with a simple pair of sheet metal pliers that I also purchased at the hardware store for about $3.

I will make sure to keep you posted as I move along with this extremely interesting & fun project.

Until next time,

Jett Jackson
    Jack of all trades, King of none

Re: 9mm SMG Project using PlasmaCAM/DesignEDGE

I'll be following your progress with this. I've made a few guns myself, finished 80% receivers and took part in a couple AK build sessions. Incredible satisfaction shooting a gun you built yourself. With these tools today, home CNC mill's, CNC Plasma cutters, like yours (I wish we lived close ), this is a really great time to be a DIY gunsmith.